𝟎𝟎𝟓.

"so, what's with this thing?" yondu asked, and gamora stepped forward

"so, what's with this thing?" yondu asked, and gamora stepped forward. "the stone reacts to anything organic. the bigger the target, the bigger the power surge." she explained to the ravagers. "all ronan's gotta do is touch the stone to the planet's surface and zap. all plants, animals, nova corps." peter continued.

"everything will die." no pressure at all, cassandra thought sarcastically."so ronan does not make the surface. rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the dark aster's starboard hull. then, our craft and yondu's will enter." kraglin perked from beside drax. "won't there be hundreds of Sakaaran soldiers inside?"

"i think of sakaaran as paper people." drax said gravely, and cassandra cringed, because she can't resist cringing at such gruesome words, even though she was raised around ravagers and all they say are gruesome words. kraglin gave a playful punch to drax's shoulder, but drax looked down on him as if he was going to hit him, not understanding the joke. kraglin frowned slightly and backed up.

"once they know we're on board, ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck. which i can disable by dismantling the power source."

"we'll make it to the flight deck, and i'll use the hadron enforcer to kill ronan." cassandra liked to take credit for that idea, since she brought up the hadron enforcer and peter and rocket brainstormed on that."once ronan is dead, we will retrieve the stone. use these devices to contain it. if you touch it, it will kill you."

"i'll contact one of the nova officers who arrested us. hopefully, they'll believe we're there to help." peter sighed, and cassandra remembered sitting by her dad at the table when he called corpsman dey, which was funny.

"there's one more thing we need to complete the plan." rocket pointed to one of the ravagers, and he grinned widely. "that guys eye."

"no, no we don't!" cassandra sighed tiredly.

"yeah i do," rocket stifled a snort. "it's important to me."

from another room, a ravager spoke up."ronan's fleet has been spotted, and will arrive in t-minus fifteen minutes."

yondu walked up to peter and said something, and yondu glanced over at cassandra, and he said something to peter, which made cassandra furrow her brows and wonder what they were talking about.

"this is a terrible plan." gamora muttered.

"hey, you're the one who said you wanted to die among friends."

the ship dove, and they were followed by a fleet of nova corps ships.