𝟎𝟏𝟎.

multiple animals were nestled in cassandra's arms, letting out panicked noises as she struggled to hold onto them and avoid stepping on any of the animals that were running across the ground

"i thought we were limiting ourselves to the higher life forms?"

"yeah, well, me too. blame cass." peter replied as cassandra pushed past him, helping a white-furred fox get across. abilisks tore the walls as they emerged from them, with mantis urging them forward. cosmo, who had been doing so much work and cassandra was very proud of, started struggling. her knees trembled under the pressure. chaos would be an understatement.

"i cannot hold on much.." cosmo's breaths became ragged and heavy as her sentence struggled and trailed off. as she began trembling with weakness, her abilities loosened and they started running quicker, cassandra being the first to make it over, followed by all the others. except for her dad, she quickly noticed, who she saw knelt down grabbing his zune, still on the other side. cosmo collapsed, and a startled gasp slipped past cassandra's lips.

"dad!" she shouted. "come on!" she watched as he fell from the ledge into wreckage, and she could barely see what happened after that through the cloudy smoke, but she could see him, jumping out from the ship and letting go of a pipe and being sent back slightly. cassandra knew that wasn't going to be enough of a push to get him to knowhere, and that thought terrified her.

cassandra didn't even really have anything to say, or scream, or cry, in that moment as she watched her dad's face gloss over with ice, his eyes being frozen over as if he was turning to stone. groot ran forward, shouting out, but cassandra could barely move. groot reached his branches forward until they froze and began breaking off, and cassandra could only cry, a combination of dread and terror striking her into place.

she watched as the guy she had once known as super-douche reached forward and wrapped a hand around peter's frozen arm, pulling him forward into his grasp. a series of explosions followed them until they reached the deck, flying forward and landing upon it with a loud thud. cassandra and nebula both ran forward.

"dad!" cassandra choked out as she fell to her knees beside nebula, who pushed peter onto his back. a hand lingered on her chest as mantis kneeled down on the opposite side.

a wave of relief so large cassandra couldn't even comprehend it washed over her as peter's struggled voice whispered out, "did that.. look cool?"

cassandra let out a soft sigh, as she tucked an arm underneath her dad's torso and pulled him forward. "yes, it looked super cool." she whispered, relief flooding over her as he fell into her arms and weakly allowed cassandra to engulf him into a tight embrace, which the others slowly joined, with cosmo jumping up and offering kisses to peter's face. he felt slightly numb and cold in cassandra's arms, but regardless, she smiled and planted her chin onto his shoulder.

"cosmo!" he chuckled. "i'm okay.." he hummed, and slowly he wrapped an arm around cassandra's torso and pulled her closer.

"it looked cool?" he weakly confirmed.