Episode 28: Family Bonds

Magsimula sa umpisa

Evilly grinning, the man opposite to us seemed amused by this proposal.

"Now that's rich, coming from trash like you!"

"Come here, Hakkai," Mitsuya looked back at the boy with blue hair. "Sit."

He fearfully looked at his brother before muttering an "okay" and taking a seat beside his captain.

"Hakkai's not leaving Toman because he's afraid of you," Mitsuya clarified. "Let's be clear, he's doing it to protect Yuzuha."

A vein on Taiju's head popped out, before he attempted to punch Mitsuya, who blocked it. Holy shit! That made a loud noise; that had to hurt like a bitch. Hakkai panted, in a cold sweat.

"Hey, not bad," the buff man stood back up.

"Once again," Mitsuya frowned, standing up. "We'll let Hakkai join you in Black Dragon, but you have to release Yuzuha. If you accept that condition, Toman won't retaliate for Takemichi's assault."

"And what if I refuse?" the man in the red coat instigated.

"Then you declared war!"

"Well played!" Taiju laughed, forcefully grabbing Mitsuya's hand. "Looks like we gotta truce. I'll set her free even though I don't admit to your accusations and since you're all so concerned, I'll swear to you that I'll never strike Yuzuha."

The meeting concluded, causing us to all exit in silence. This wasn't what I was expecting to go down. This is probably the exact same thing that happened in the timeline that Takemichi just returned from. Mitsuya and Hakkai walked in the front, while I lingered in the back with Takemichi, Katsume, and Chifuyu.

"I'm not sure what we gained there since Hakkai ended up joining with Black Dragon just the same," Chifuyu admitted.

"Yeah, but I did learn one new thing," Takemichi claimed. "Hakkai's real motivation, he's going to kill Taiju in order to protect Yuzuha from him."

"Something's not right," I looked at the blondes. "It's hard to believe that Taiju would agree to that so easily."

"Yeah, but that still wouldn't change what he did to her," Katsume noted. "But, as much as Taiju dying would be great, we'll have to find some way to stop it."

"Taka, I wanna thank you," Hakkai mumbled. "I just-"

"It's okay, Hakkai," Mitsuya turned, facing the blue haired boy. "Just remember, even when things are tough, only use your strength to protect others."

"Taka-"

"Don't hate the life you were born into," Mitsuya continued. "Embrace it, Hakkai."

Breaking away from Mitsuya and Hakkai, the rest of us ended up at a nearby park.

"I think I'm going to go back to the future," Takemichi announced.

"Huh, what for?" Chifuyu asked. "You didn't prevent Hakkai from joining Black Dragon."

"So, you didn't accomplish anything," Katsume added.

"In the timeline I saw, Hakkai killed Taiju in order to protect Yuzuha," Takemichi explained. "But now that Mitsuya got her set free, Hakkai has no reason to kill his brother anymore. So, the future probably has changed."

"I suppose you might have a point," Chifuyu pondered.

"Might have?"

"Have you ever thought that this could've happened in your timeline?" I thought out loud. "For all we know, there still could've been that meeting with only Mitsuya and Hakkai present."