(Meenay's room, Mehru sitting on the white sofa, plus ik the room's unbelievably neat)

"Hamesha aisay he baat karay toh kitni achay lagay" Salar said to himself keeping his eyes on Mehru. He smiled as he walked away.

Mehru and Meenay came downstairs when they got free. Salar's friend Daniyal was just leaving when three of them crossed paths in the hallway. Daniyal was a presentable decent guy with good manners. He stopped as soon as his eyes laid on Mehru.

"Hello Bhai" Meenay said.

"Hellooo Meenay. Kaise hain aap" Daniyal asked.

"Mein theek. Meet my home tutor Miss Mehrunissa" Meenay instantly said as she thought it would be better to introduce the two first.

Daniyal shifted his gaze on Mehru who was nodded gently.

"Hi nice to meet you, I'm Daniyal, Salar's friend" Daniyal said smilingly.

"Hi Daniyal" Mehru said awkwardly because she was an introvert and wasn't good at socialising.

"Oye tu giya nahi ab tak" Salar interrupted by throwing his arm over Daniyal's shoulders as he scanned all three of them.

"Bas ja he raha tha" Daniyal replied but he kept staring Mehro.

Salar looked back and forth, first at Daniyal then at Mehru who stood still looking at Meenay. Salar didn't like the way Daniyal was watching Mehru.

"Meenay aap apni Miss ko chor aao, she must be getting late." Salar addressed Meeny, who nodded in response.

When Daniyal left, Affan's civic entered the porch. Mehru walked past Salar and sat in the car. Salar was watching the two of them laugh and then they eventually left. Salar was jealous, it could show all over his face. He rolled his eyes and went inside.

------------------------------------------

The next weeks went as per usual. Mehru and Salar didn't have many moments together as Salar tried not to interrupt their study session. Whenever they met, it was always greetings and few gazes here and there but nothing unusual. Later, Salar went on a trip to Hunza and Mehru and Meenay studied in full swing, there was no Mehru-Salar interaction at all and everything was good. Mehru felt more comfortable but she felt his void somehow.

One afternoon, Mehru and Meenay both were in the lawn because Islamabad's weather was crazy as hell. Meenay was about to start her quiz which Mehru gave her to solve when she requested a quick bathroom break.

Mehru was left alone. She looked at the sky as if she was watching it for the first time. She closed her eyes and took all the fresh air in.

"Aaj mausam wakai bohat acha hai"

She turned to see him. Salar was standing just a few inches behind her in black shalwar kameez and hands behind his back, he was looking hot as hell. She was startled to see him because she was unaware of his arrival. Surprisingly she didn't move away from him. She was in a good mood.

 She was in a good mood