Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Our walk amongst the people was stopped short though when a man and women stopped us. They both looked around our age and almost a like, sharing the same shade of blonde hair and light brown eyes. The woman wore a maroon red ball gown  with a deep v-neck. I noticed she was staring at Grayson longingly and lustfully but I decided to ignore it for now.

"Did my eyes and ears deceive me or does Grayson Hart actually have a date this year", the man chuckled in an amused tone.

Though it seemed he was talking to Gray, his eyes were on me and like the woman next to him, they seemed a little too lustful for my taste.

"It's no trick of the eye Nathaniel, this is my girlfriend and columnist for The Goddess Revolution Leah Rhodes. Leah these are the children of one of My dad's business friends, Nathaniel and Natalie Dawson", Grayson explained. Though his words seemed friendly I could tell something was bothering him. He was holding me a bit tighter and his eyes had grown a few shades darker.

"I knew that if you ever brought a date they'd be beautiful, but you've really out done yourself Grayson. I see why you call her a goddess", the man smirked. He grabbed my hand and shook it gently, holding it for a beat too long before I took it back.

"It's nice to meet you as well", I smiled politely. But one look at the woman and I knew she was having none of it, she glared at me so harshly that it almost ran a shiver down my spine.

"And what is it exactly that you write, a measly horoscope article", she scoffed.

"Actually I'm the Fearless Phoenix, I'm also the editor for The Goddess Revolution", I smirked with my head held high.

"Now really little goddess there's no need to sell yourself short, she also models for the shoots as well", Grayson bragged smirking as well.

"I'm sure sleeping with the boss's son helped", Natalie grumbled.

"I don't have time for petty, under your breath insults. If there is something you wish to say I suggest you say it with your chest", I frowned with a raised eyebrow, daring her to continue with her blatant disrespect.

"Frankly I don't think you deserve him. There are plenty of women far more beautiful than you who would look far more better on his arm. You're just a new flavor and nothing more. Once he's bored he'll make his way"- , she began.

"He'll make his way where... to you? Sweetheart he's Grayson Hart, if he had wanted you before I landed my beautiful, black ass in Los Angeles, he would've already had you. Be careful- Natalie was it? Green doesn't go very well with that shade of red. Now watch my black ass as we walk away, I'm sure your brother will be", I smirked before Grayson and I went around the siblings.

"God, you're amazing", Grayson groaned as he let his hand slip down to my ass and give it a firm squeeze.

"That felt so good", I smiled. We stood not far from the dance floor as I watched the dancing, it was so elegant and hypnotizing. The array of skirts that swished across the ballroom floor and how perfectly in step they were with the strong quartet playing.

"How about a dance my little goddess",Grayson asked as he began to lead me to the dance floor.

"Grayson I don't know how to waltz, I'd step all over your toes", I  explained but let him pull me anyways. We made it to the middle and Grayson turned me towards him, one of his hands held my own while the other held my waist. I placed my empty hand on the back of his neck as we swayed softly.

"I'd let you step on my toes for the rest of our lives Leah, as long as you're always my dance partner. Plus the waltz isn't that difficult, I could make you look like a professional in 3 songs or less", He smirked.