Chapter Twenty

Damn, I had really out done myself tonight.

My shower hadn't taken nearly as long as I had thought it would, if anything most of my time had been spent looking for the right dress. For a moment I had even thought to raid Kyra's closet for one, but then I had found a nice little piece in the back of my closet. No doubt a gift for future me whenever I had the confidence to wear it.

I guess that time was now.

It was a ruched corset mini dress in baby doll blue. The light color of the blue and the shine of the satin like material made me skin look soft and glowy. I coupled the dress with a pair of white lace up platform heels and a faded, ripped jean jacket.

I kept my makeup like usual except the matching baby doll blue colored sparkly eyeshadow in the corner of my eyes to add as a pop of color and lip gloss covering my lips. I styled my hair half up and half down with a slight curl to the ends. I looked in the mirror and could barely believe it was me I was looking at.

It was times like these when I realized just how far I had come. Just how much I had overcome and how beautiful I was.

Grayson was right, I was a goddess.

Or at least... I definitely looked like one.

When I got a text from my uber saying they were outside I grabbed my I.D, credit card, and phone and placed them in a simple white purse. Then I sent a text to both Beck and Kyra to tell them of my whereabouts, turned off the lights in the apartment and went downstairs to meet my ride.

The ride with my uber was only semi awkward, the man who seemed to be in his mid thirties kept his eyes on me (or rather my chest and thighs) rather than on the road. I ignored it the best I could by scrolling through instagram.

Once he pulled up to Black Sun I was quick to get out the stuffy car and quickly strut to the entrance of the club. 

It was no surprise that there was a line almost two blocks down the road just to get into Black Sun. Grayson's club was always packed and just to get a V.I.P lounge for a night was a two month wait list. I tried not to let my nerves get to me as I picked my chin up and walked confidently right past the line, up the stairs, and to the two gold doors where the bouncer was.

I smiled as I recognised the bouncer as Vinny. Grayson's head bouncer who I had met quite a couple of times when coming here. He looked scary but he was really cool and was kinda like a teddy bear to the right people.

"Hiya Vinny", I smiled ignoring all the glares and murmurs my way at the fact that I had skipped the line. The next people in line next to me was a group of 3 girls with toothpick bodies and dresses that barely covered their nonexistent asses.

They glared at my side profile but one then whispered quite loudly that 'bitches like me who thought they could just bat their lashes at bouncers are the worst' and that 'it's gonna be funny when I get turned away'.

Then there was, 'what would Grayson Hart want with her ugly ass'.

Oh and my favorite was, 'black bitches think they're all that, but not even their own race wants them anymore. Talk about bottom of the totem pole'.

But I tried to tune it out as best as I could.

"Looks like the goddess has come to pay us a visit, boss know you're here", he asked in his deep voice as he smiled and unfolded his tattooed covered arms.

"Nope I figured I'd come and pay him a visit as a surprise. Anything I should know before I go in", I asked with a smile.

"We threw out 3 ladies already for getting too handsy with him, it kinda put him in a foul mood but seeing your gorgeous face will definitely make his night. I hope you know we're all really glad he has you", Vinny replied.