✾ XVIII : I am sorry ✾

Start from the beginning

"You… you did not…" his hands clenched so hard that it shivered, the realisation hit him hard that just how, how mindless he was to get himself trapped in twisted tactic of Taehyung.

"Oh yes, I did. I was the one who gave the order to throw this girl in the abyss! and I was also the one who knowingly put only one bottle of the antidote of the poison in order to kill you by your own people!" Eyes wide open with a malignant hideous grin across his face, he didn't fail to scare Jungkook. "And seeing only you three coming here, I somehow succeeded. "

"I never thought you were a monster." Said Jungkook despite how he wanted not to show the anguish on his face, his voice failed. It was numb and low but the sentence was just too fragile on his tongue, it cracked.

"Oh my dear," Taehyung smiled smugly, completely opposite of the former one, "Real monster doesn't look like one."

The silence filled the whole vast place but the emotions was intense, Jungkook's mind was completely opposite of the silence infront him, he looked at Taehyung then Rose and then his unconscious brothers laying, bleeding. What was on his mind?

Nothing.

Or perhaps everything.

“Vem kan segla förutan vind?”

A deep shrill and some kind of soothing humm suddenly echoed everywhere, snapping Jungkook from his numbness, he looked and saw Taehyung singing.

“Vem kan ro utan åror?”

“Vem kan skiljas från vännen sin”

“Utan att fälla tårar?”

"My mother used to sing this everytime before going to bed." Says Taehyung eyes fixed on the sword, or perhaps remembering the old past days where his mother used to pat his chest slowly and sing the same poem every night to him and his brother.

How old was he then?

Probably about just 5 years.

“Mumma, when will this nightmare end?”  asked the little boy.

“Probably someday, Tae. And even if it won't, you are the strongest kid of mumma right? My Tae will live through this nightmare.”  face pale as ice and eyes tired as dead, but the woman's face was still beautiful and soothing as ever.

"And me? Am I not the strongest kid of mumma??" Complained the other kid.

"Haha! You are the strongest too!"  Everyone laughed against the golden candle of the cold night.

"I used to think that was the nightmare I was living, but I was wrong. Being with my family in the nightmare was not less then a happy dream." Taehyung numbly said,

"There was a severe famine in Serendipity in that unfortunate year, many died of starvation then, many of diseases. And some left were alive because of my mother's healing power. Vouchsafed with a  great soul, she used to help everyone whoever she could." Taehyung stated with pleasure but his expression changed drastically,

"The king, being lost in his own grief, didn't help us and famine couldn't help but grow. My mother was but a mortal, she was to heal not to give them life. Their hunger grew and grew and made them monsters, to fill their stomach they ate their own child. That man… who me and my brother used to address as Father, was one of them.