☱ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

A few minutes later and her cries were gone, instead replaced with soft breathing. She seemed to have fallen asleep. She seemed to be tired from all the crying she did.

She fell asleep, in his arms.

Tartaglia looked down at her, her face was so soft and beautiful up close, but now it was just peaceful and calm. She looked angelic in her slumber.

He gently lifted her up, his mind still hazy from his intoxication. Her body was so light, yet it made his heart feel heavy. He slowly and carefully walked her to her bedroom, and placed her on the bed.

He tucked her in, and kissed the top of her head before standing up, getting ready to leave the room. In the morning, when she wakes up and sees herself in bed, what would she do? He wondered.

Before he could even leave her room, she grabbed his hand in her sleep as she pulled him close to her.

"Please don't leave..." She mumbled softly in her sleep as she hugged his arm. She seemed to be a sleep talker.

He was surprised by her clinginess, but he felt his heart flutter again. He was so touched that she would say those words, even though she was asleep.

He slowly laid down on the bed, facing her. As soon as he laid down next to her, she cuddled him tightly, her face buried in the crook of his neck as she slept peacefully in his arms.

Her face was still soft and serene, yet the thought of her hugging him out of her own volition.. had him speechless. He gently ran his fingers through her hair, his eyes locked onto hers. Yet, hers remained closed.

Time flew by as the sun rose from dawn and into the sky. Her soft and angelic face buried into his shoulder, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on.

Yet, despite all the joy he could feel, he also felt the sting of disappointment. He wished she would wake up from her slumber, he wanted to see her eyes once again. He wanted the opportunity to see the expression of her features as she realize she was so close to him, as she realized she was in his arms as he held her peacefully.

A few minutes later he felt her chest rise and her breath steady as she slowly started to wake up, she looked so beautiful as she slowly opened her eyes. How was it even possible?

"Good morning, darling." He said softly, his voice soft and quiet yet it held a hint of affection.

She let out a soft 'hmm...' in response as she nuzzled into the crook of his neck, she was half asleep but she just wanted to sleep in with him.

He chuckled once she nuzzled herself into his arms, and closed his eyes. She was truly the most adorable human in the world; she acted so cold yet she was so adorable and loving inside.

"Are you comfortable?"

He opened his eyes as he tilted his head to the side, just so his eyes could lock with hers. She nodded as she yawned softly.

"Can we just sleep in today..." Her morning voice was low yet soft. She hugged him tighter as she just wanted to be in his arms forever.

He laughed softly, and nuzzled against her. She was so clingy, yet he didn't mind having her by his side.

"Of course," he said, his lips curved up into a slight smile. She looked so cute and peaceful as she nuzzled into his arms, yet he couldn't help as he was filled with joy with her actions.

"We'll spend the entire morning in bed," he mumbled.

"Thank you... I love you..." She smiled softly. She said it. She actually said it. She loves him. She loved him. She always did. She only had the courage to say it just now.

He looked at her when she said it, his words left him dumbstruck. She loved him? She really did?

He was so happy, so happy that he finally got to hear those words from her. He wanted to be so affectionate right now and kiss her, tell her how much he loved and missed her..

..but there was something else he wanted to say first. He cleared his throat, and looked back at her.

"I love you too, darling."

She let out a soft 'hmm... ' in response as she smiled softly.

"I'm glad..." She muttered softly as she nuzzled into his neck, hugging him even tighter. He closed his eyes when he felt her soft face nuzzle into his shoulder, her warm breath and her tight embrace.

He finally had her in his arms, but he couldn't help but feel the time he wasted away before. He wanted to hold her more, hug her tighter, and kiss her softly as he confessed his thoughts. All the nights he spent with other women, all the time he took away from her.. (Bro. Don't ruin the mood 😐)

He'd make it up to her, and he will start with this morning. "I have a surprise for you," he said softly.

"Hmm? What is it..." She yawned as she looked up at him with a soft gaze.

"Let me just ask one question, then you'll find out." He smiled as he looked into her eyes, he could get lost in them if he wanted to. "Do you trust me?"

He didn't expect her to answer, but he wanted her to know.. he wanted to be trusted by her.

She'd always keep her walls up, she had every right to, but he felt as if he deserved her trust at least once. Well he was wrong.

Silence only greeted him. She got out of his arms and sat at the edge of the bed at the other end. Did she really trust him? After everything he did. After he cheated on her with multiple women. After he brought his mistresses into their home. After his affairs, did she trust him?

She stood up from the bed and left the room without a word, leaving him alone in her room. She didn't trust him. After everything he's done, she didn't trust him. No.

(Enjoy the cliff hanger 😋😋)