16: Trial By Lightning

Lexington and his recruits have been walking for a bit following Jiri's directions as they do arrive at the temple.

"Okay... Wish me luck." Lexington says handing Jiri to Ayra as he stops before the doors ornamented with gold elven markings.

Lexington enters the temple with the doors closing behind him. He lights a torch freezing a bit as it's nearly impossible to see anything if it wasn't for the torch.

Lexington moves on eventually coming upon some candles which he lights. The temple is now lit better making the torch unnecessary.

Lexington looks around eventually finding a circle of some kind etched into the stone floor. The circle is filled with elven markings as he realizes it's a summoning ritual for the elven goddess of healing Athrelia.

"My one hope is to talk to a goddess who might not even show up." Lexington says shaking his head but sees the Golden eagle out of the corner of his eye.

"If this was a year ago? You would've said she wouldn't show up at all... You have a bit of faith." He says with Lex scoffs at the hearing of faith.

Lexington paces around a bit shaking his head as he asks the eagle what he wants.

"I only wish to help."

"Yeah? Is it gonna be actual help or just riddles?" Lexington asks earning a unamused look from him.

"Enter the circle and get on your knees with your eyes closed... Then pray, pray out for Athrelia's help." The eagle instructs surprising Lex since he was expecting a riddle.

Lexington follows his instructions as followed and tries thinking of what to say.

"Goddess Athrelia, I... Require your help in a great time of need, please bless me with your time and presence." Lexington says in elvish figuring that would work better since he knows Athrelia is an elven goddess.

The golden eagle looks on seeing the circle light up in a white color.

"Attaboy." He says smiling a bit.

Lexington opens his eyes finding himself in a white void as it reminds him of the description of the afterlife in some books.

"Speaking in elvish was a nice touch." A feminine voice says earning Lex's attention.

The woman is an elf of incredible beauty but innocence in elaborate white and gold robes. She sports some markings but nothing like the tribal elves or Elyria's. Her hair is a sandy blonde nearly appearing platinum and her eyes white in color give off a welcoming feeling.

"Are you... Athrelia?" Lexington asks nervously as she walks up even in height.

"I am, but this conversation isn't about me dear child, it's about you... Only question is, where do we begin?" Athrelia asks as Lex suddenly finds himself in a seat across from Athrelia in the middle of a serene field.

Meanwhile outside Dirissa, Simon, Mason, Lexi are waiting in the forests for Dyliser to lure the Demons into their trap.

Lexi during this is nervously moving her leg up and down which doesn't go unnoticed.

"What's the matter niece?" Mason asks curiously keeping his eyes set on his surroundings.

"I... I only recently started using lightning outside of a speed boost, I'm worried it won't go well." Lexi says as Simon overhears this.

"Lexi you've been doing well in using fulclair, don't worry." Simon assures.

Lexi though still feels nervous as Mason hums to himself and gets an idea.