CHAPTER 12

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 12

A youth in red clothes and black long hair standing on side of crossing, it's a busy street with many people standing along with him, waiting for signal light to turn green so they could pass.

The youth on the other hand wasn't thinking to pass the road crossing, he just standing there, mind wandering on other things. He has bandage on his right eye with red spot, while the other eye that exposed were staring at space, mirroring inside of his mind.

Today, just this morning, his mother threw a vintage vase on his right eye, throwing hurtful words towards him and rejected his birth, wishes she never have given birth to him.

The youth is the third young master on his household, no one look at him with respect, instead they loathed him, looking down at him as if he is an insect. It's fine, really—he won't mind those servants that knows nothing but to listen solely to his other family members—that's just fine and all, he won't qualms towards them, they can contempt him all they want—only if it is just the servants.

His name is Hua Cheng, but no one calls him with this named, and instead it is either: Honghong'er or San Lang.

Why people were like this to him?

It is merely because of his right eye which red in color, completely different to his left eye which in gold color.

Within his household, red is bad omen, thus the hatred escalated.

That maybe the case, no one could actually throw him out the house, and that's because despite everything, Hua Cheng is the smartest and wittiest out of his siblings, you could even say that he already surpasses his father when it comes in battle of the brain.

He was favor by his father—though this added oil in fire.

His older siblings hate him, thinking he is hording their father's attention—when even their father would whirl objects on Hua Cheng with slightest mistakes.

Without minding that the signal light is still red, Hua Cheng took steps to cross the street, doesn't even care about the incoming, horning truck wheeling in high fast speed.

Before that truck could strike the youth, a big menacing grin spread on Hua Cheng, altogether no longer move on his spot, as if he already accepted his fate.

But—the incoming gross scene never been witness, as someone grabs Hua Cheng on his waist and the other hand on his head and they jump away the way the truck at the same time changed its tracks to side avoiding hitting the youth.

Hua Cheng fell with thud on the road, but it didn't much hurt like he expected as someone has acted as a cushion for him.

The youth doesn't remember much of that time, but he does remember the person that wasted his energy to saved Hua Cheng. Although the things he only remembers is the person's real genuine smile.

That happened a year ago.

Right now, Hua Cheng is sitting at one of the desks inside the Music Room. Facing the night sky and basking in the brightness and gentle moon. Wandering how his savior's life right now, and if he would be given another chance on meeting him—oh, Hua Cheng then remembers that it is entirely impossible now, because at the moment of his loss mind, he jumps from his school's rooftop, and now bound in this school for all eternity—or maybe not.

He been dead for two years now, if he is still alive, he might be already first year in high school.

The first time he become a ghost in this school, Hua Cheng met several apparitions living here. Most of them are causing mischief here and there. Hua Cheng turn a blind eye, he doesn't care.

On his second month, many apparitions begun going berserk and tries to attack the living staffs and students, at first Hua Cheng doesn't care, but on his third month Hua Cheng witness a gruesome at the same time grossing, disgusting sight; an apparition feasting on a student, leaving nothing, sparingly nothing even soul.

This is the time where he accidentally summoned the scimitar apparition that sleeping within the school, with this scimitar he killed the apparition; afterwards many apparitions tried to killed Hua Cheng but no one succeed, until on his sixth month, on his first Hungry Ghost Festival as a ghost, everyone bow down to him and acknowledge him as their Chengzu.

The trickery continues, the mokkes' mischievousness, but as long as they won't eat a living, they are safe from Hua Cheng and his scimitar.

Possessing or better to say being possessed by scimitar—that according to the legend is scimitar of a supreme ghost king—would kill the user. Thus, Hua Cheng is by each passing night is slowly weakening.

That's fine, really, if someone will ask Hua Cheng why it is fine, he only answered, he never wants to live anyway so what's the point of prolonging it. And so, Hua Cheng only waits for his ghost energy to be completely eaten by E-ming, the legendary scimitar. Hua Cheng spends his life as a ghost in boredom, until a fated encounter happened.

After tossing the violin of a ghost that left behind, someone barge in the Music Room and finally Hua Cheng reunited with his savior.

His remaining time that spent meaningfully with his "Gege" has become so precious that there is time he wishes they have reunited when Hua Cheng is still alive, still Hua Cheng is grateful for being able to spend time with Xie Lian.

Falling in love though is Hua Cheng didn't expect that he will learn and felt now that he is a ghost. But he like it... he like these feelings he has for Xie Lian. His Gege who keep saying "My San Lang", that Xie Lian found his red eye beautiful that he loves them. His Gege who easily fluster, and so honest to a fault.

His Gege...

San Lang's Gege...

Only San Lang's...

Not Hua Cheng's...

Would never be Hua Cheng's...