CHAPTER 02

TGCF Fanfic

Fondness in the Far Away Memories

Chapter 02

One night, Xie Lian is working quietly when his attention has shifted to the youth that helping him by folding pamphlets. Xie Lian doesn't know what gotten into him that his hand suddenly stretch towards San Lang and brush away the hair strands that covering his right eye. This startled San Lang; he didn't expect Xie Lian's action, and quickly San Lang, uses his left hand to cover his now exposed right eye.

"Why are you hiding it? I wanna see your eyes!"

"You don't have too, Gege. It's ugly."

Xie Lian was taken aback; he didn't expect that the ever so proud and always confident youth is actually thinking about such a thing on himself.

"I've been seemed see that your other eye has different color so I wanna see it clearly. It's that bad?"

"It's not, but it is too ugly... since they are different colors."

"Heterochromia?! Please I wanna see it! It will be my first time seeing such phenomenon! Please San Lang!"

With sparkles around Xie Lian and twinkling eyes, San Lang could no longer say no to him and with lots of hesitation, anxiety and fear he removed his hand, but he looks at the side, so he wouldn't be able to see Xie Lian once the upperclassman got disgusted with his eye—just like everyone else—just like his parents.

Xie Lian once again brushes away the hair strands and look intently on his red right eye, while San Lang is waiting for hurtful words that he sure will come out from the other's lips.

"It's beautiful!" San Lang's eyes widen and look at Xie Lian who has genuine endearing smile, still looking at his eye and his thumb brushing soothingly on San Lang's cheek. Xie Lian nodded before blurted out the same word.

"Gege is so kind to say such a word to this ugly one."

For the second time of that moment Xie Lian was taken aback, is San Lang really had that very low self-esteem?

"I'm telling the truth, I'm not lying. My San Lang is really beautiful, so is his eyes. I love them!"

San Lang blinks first, before sighing, "Gege shouldn't talk like that so easily, or else others will misunderstand you."

"What shouldn't I say easily? Did I say anything wrong?"

"Gege, saying "My" is like claiming them as yours, and "Love" is like you are saying you were in love to them. Just how many hearts does Gege been breaking so far?"

"Oh that? I only say that to San Lang."

"Oh~ is that because you know I won't misunderstand it?"

"I genuinely say those words."

San Lang blinks and huff, "Let's drop it, Gege's aren't serious anyway."

"Oh~ but I'm very serious!"

There's a pause, San Lang buried his face on his hand, "Gege... you'll be the death of me..."

"Hmm? But aren't you already a ghost?"

San Lang's eyes widen, questioning himself internally if he slips it once that he is actually a ghost. He hides it after all. San Lang doesn't want to scare off Xie Lian, so the fact that Xie Lian actually found it out and blurted it out so casually is just—

"Since when did Gege—"

"Eh? Is that supposedly a secret?"

"No... but..."

"San Lang let out so many clues when we first met. Oh, and there are times when your legs are turning transparent."

"And Gege doesn't scare?"

"Hmm? At first, of course. But you're nice, and easy to get along, so—I find myself drawn on you."

San Lang smirk, "Be careful Gege, this San Lang might draw you into hell."

Xie Lian only smile at San Lang, which confuses the youth.

One of precious moments Xie Lian could clearly remember with San Lang.

In truth, there's no memory with San Lang has actually faded in Xie Lian's heart. He remembered every bit of it, all kinds of San Lang's smiles, gestures, the way his eyes look at Xie Lian, everything, Xie Lian never forgets, and he loves all of it even after so many years.