He doesn't Love Me

Start from the beginning

"Do you want something to drink? Champagne?" he offered and I shook my head. He knew I had low tolerance against alcohol. "Water?" he asked again.

"No, thank you." I replied.

"You look beautiful...." I heard this before about a dozen times when we were at the church, in different variation and different words but he kept telling me the same thing.

"And so do you." I lifted my face daring myself to look into his brown eyes, I was rewarded by his charming smile.

"I really can't thank you enough for doing this...."

"Will you stop thanking me? This dress makes me uncomfortable already, let alone you say this every five minutes." I pretended to sulk.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry...." Then there he stared at me again, just like before when we were in the altar exchanging our vows. Strangely his hand never left mine during the journey to our wedding venue which was at his grandfather's mansion which had been turned into a proper reception area by some professionals, whom their fee could put holes into normal people's pockets. He was awfully quiet and it made me nervous.

"Smile Luke, it's too late to back off." I teased him and he laughed. Oh hell, why did I suddenly become the ice breaker between us?

We were close, I recognize the corner of the street that we had to turn into to be at his family's mansion. I saw people lining up along the narrow street of Vaucluse, an exclusive suburb where rich and famous resided. They carried cameras and flash started to fire when our Limo drove pass.

"Oh my god! What are they doing?" I asked in shock.

"Trying to get a glimpse of my beautiful bride." He said lightly as if he used to it.

"What? Why?"

"You're part of Russo now, everyone wants a piece of us." "Um.... I am not sure I like this...." I trailed. Came to think about it I saw white cover around the church's fences before and I also heard some choppers circling the area. I wondered what they were doing and now I knew!

"Smile Sam, it's too late to back off." He repeated my mocking. His white teeth grinned at me.

Trusting the black thick tinting of the Limo's windows, I leaned forward to his side so I could take a better look to these people, his hand rested on my back and a jolt of shiver made me close my eyes to enjoy the moment.

I knew the wedding would be private but I didn't know that it would have five hundred guests that 90% of them I didn't recognize.

"Who are they?" I whispered at him.

"Dad's and Pops' friends and business partners...." He answered before waving his hand to some girls.

"And your ex girlfriends....." I retorted.

"They're my friends, just friends." He corrected me, oblivious to my suddenly change of mood. I felt pain in my chest when some of them congratulated him by giving him hugs and kisses. Did I get jealous?

They then turned to me and did the same thing and somehow I got the feeling that they weren't sincere.

"Congratulations Sam, you're a lucky girl!" one of them smiling brightly at me. Her strong perfume almost numbed my sense of smell.

"I am the lucky one." Luke interjected, his hand was suddenly on my hip, holding me possessively. The girls raised their champagne glasses agreeing to his defense. I breathed thank you and gave them a warm smile and for the last hour I had to maintain that smile for the rest of the guests until my cheeks hurt.