chapter twenty-seven: neveah meets farkle

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah stands by Farkle's side as they talk to Lucas, Jake, and Eva by the steps with Riley and Maya stand by the lockers.

Smackle walks towards them shocking Neveah from her presence. "Farkle, Neveah." The girl greets them with her hands behind her back.

"Hi, Smackle." The two greet her back, Neveah tilts her head.

"What are you doing here?"

"You two observed me in my natural habitat, so I asked Mr. Matthews if I could observe you in Mediocreville." She turns to Riley and Maya, "I hope that's not offensive."

"Of course, it is." Riley says.

"I have no remorse." Smackle bluntly states, Neveah crosses her arms in amusement as the girl turns back to them. 

"Glad you could join us, Smackle," Lucas tells her with a kind smile, his hand intertwined with Jake's.

"Lucas, you have to stop. It's never gonna happen." Smackle shakes her head, Neveah and Farkle snicker under their breath along with Jake.

Jake playfully smacks Lucas arm and pulls his hand away from him, "And you keep doing it in front of me." He mocks a frown and walks inside the classroom, leaving Lucas baffled.

"Yeah, Lucas. Take a hint." Maya adds with a scoff and grabs Riley's hands to follow Jake.

Lucas exasperatedly looks at Neveah, Farkle, and Eva who were laughing behind their hands. "Wow." He gets up to walk to the classroom, the other three follows after their laughter dies down.

"Farkle may we speak privately?" Miss Oben walks down the stairs and approaches the couple.

Farkle glances at Neveah who nods her head. She gives him one last squeeze with her hand and walks into the classroom as Farkle turns to the woman. "There's no need, Ms. Oben. I understand what I have. I'll be fine." He assures her.