author's note

MADE FOR MIN IS FINALLY, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FINISHED!

*insert claps*

This fic was started on December 18th, 2020, and today, August 28th, marks 2 years, 8 months, and 10 days since it came to life. It's been a hot minute since I've managed to close a book completely (I've done one shot fics but a fully fleshed out novel with so many chapters like this one has not been completed in the longest time). I almost forgot how it felt to write, The End, on such a long, arduous journey. 

So much in my life has changed during the writing of this story. It's crazy to think I'm closing the door now. 

I was in my first year of university when I started this, and now as it ends, I'm starting my final year. Time flies so much, and looking back at the then versus now, I'm quite content with where life has taken me. While writing has not become the focus of me, I've learned about interests I didn't even know that I had. I have gotten the help that I need so that I can manage myself better— was diagnosed with things I didn't even think I could have, and overall, I'm much happier now. With that, I can approach my books in a way that is not just an escape, but also something that is just routine in my life. 

I feel like I had to put myself first and get my life together at least to some point before I could continue writing. I didn't want writing to just be something that I did while I was depressed— I wanted it to be something I did because it gives me strength and is not just a crutch for me, and for the longest time it felt like writing was something I did to vent. Yes, I enjoyed it, but I wanted it to be something that I went back to only when I was feeling negative. 

Had to have that self growth, y'know?

Made for Min actually used to be a vampire x demigod fic, not SOPE centered at all. It was Namjin. In this fic, Namjoon was the only son of Artemis, and Seokjin was someone who was turned vampire by Selene, and to earn his freedom had to kill Namjoon, Artemis's son. So, the rivalry between Artemis and Selene still existed, it was just in a different font. In the end, they would have lived happily ever after. I wanted to figure something out that could combine everyone— thus I created an imaginary world where the supernatural existed, and there were Purebloods that to me were vampires born not made, along with the rest of the vampire population.

I literally wrote this because I missed writing supernatural stuff. I missed having complicated plots that made you think, writing that left you at the edge of your seat, and it was a growth component for me because I am to be a versatile writer, I just have a lot of commitment issues (I'm trying to work on them please it just be hard with writing BAHAHA).

Originally, I was supposed to write a really heartwrenching multitude of deaths surrounding the Purebloods, before Hoseok would come and save them, but I decided against it. I feel like my book had pushed past that and was now more "We have one more target and we're done", and frankly, I wanted to give them all a break. I was actually going to have Seokjin sacrifice himself, but I was like nah, him aiming to be better is enough.

While this was mostly centered around SOPE, apart from Micah, this also stemmed from Artemis and Selene (our residential lesbian couple). Artemis in my rendition was in love with Selene, and Selene broke her heart, her promise to Artemis, and the last thing you want to do is make a God the laughingstock of anything, so really all of the problems they had were because Artemis's ego was hurt. 

Yes, Yeonjun does get his happy ending eventually. It isn't for another couple of centuries though, they had to let the Gwan line re-establish first.

Artemis and Selene will end up on good terms, and eventually make up. As in the epilogue, Artemis does apologize and promised the Purebloods and Hoseok that she wouldn't interfere with them anymore. Yoongi stayed true to his word and helped revitalize Korea, making it so that the Treaty made the way for a unified country of humans and vampires.