Twenty-One

Big gestures are always the way to someone's heart unless they hate attention, then small gestures around the way to go.

For Valentina Nanu Rodriguez, small gestures are all she could afford growing up with a single mother and a alcohalic step father.

Everything was small until she could afford it all herself. No one ever gave her that huge experience ever.

In her head, she thought, why start now when we've gone so long without it?

Valentina Nanu Rodriguez's POV

I woke up in Ethan's bed cuddled up next to him. I was finally done doing the play and all that stuff.

I turned to him to see he was already looking down at me and smiling.

"Stop watching me sleep weirdo" I smiled gentely pushing his face away.

"You're just so pretty baby." He smiled at me  kissing my head. "Now I have something planned so go get dressed."

I didn't question him but I just got up and put on some baggy dark blue jeans a white halter top and a baggy white hoodie.

I also put on some white ankle socks and my air forces.

When I walked out the bathroom and I started walking back to Ethan's room when Dd came out of his.

"Ew! It's my brother's stinky girlfriend." He made a fake gagging sound.

"Ew! It's my boyfriend's stinky brother." I made the same sound and then we both laughed hugging.

I walked past and into Ethan'a room where he just finished putting his clothes on and as always he matched me.

"You need to get your own sense of style Mr. Reyes." I laughed at him and he scrunched his nose at me.

"Why would I do that when I could steal yours," He walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Mrs.Reyes."

I tried to keep eye contact with him but I couldn't so I smiled looking away and he gentely grabbed my neck pulling me into a slow kiss.

I smiled into it and let my arms wrap around my shoulders. I played in his hair and he slowly moved us to the bed laying me on it and kissing my neck.

"Ethan!" We heard his mom call from down stairs and we both sat up catching our breath before heading downstairs.

"Ethan, I need you to go to the mall for me and get this exchanged." His mom held up a bag to Nordstram and Ethan took it.

"Okay mami" He said kissing her cheek and I gave her a quick hug before we walked out the door.

"Awe, my baby's such a mamas boy." I teased pinching his cheek.

"I am and what about it. Atleast I'm not rude to the woman who birthed me." He said in that 'know it all' tone.

I smiled at him before we got in the car and started driving to the mall. I turned on some J.I to ride around to and it seemed to take longer than usual to get to the mall.

"What the fuck?" I said looking at the insane amount of traffic on the rode infront and behind us.

I'm not the biggest fan of waiting in the car for hours so I got comfy and laid down closing my eyes as Ethan rubbed my thigh gentely.

I don't know how long I was sleep but we were now back at Ethan's house and he was waking me up.

"Cmon Baby," He said with a gentle smile and I sat up stretching.

I yawned as I got out and walked towards the house. It was awfully quiet and for some reason I paid no mind to it even though theres almost always some noise in the house.

I opened the door and I saw the house was lit by candles a rose petal trail. I was very confused and I heard soft guitar music.

"What the hell?" I said following the petals and I didn't hear the door close behind me but it was so interesting.

I walked into the kitchen to find all of Ethan's family and mine standing around the kitchen.

I was so confused because they were all stood smiling and my heart skipped a beat thinking that it was ready to be a marrige proposal which yes I love Ethan and plan to be with him forever but I'm sixteen!

I turned around to see Ethan holding up a sign that said, "I know you like shiny things but I hope I can take you to the dance with Paper Rings." 

I smiled and honestly I wanted to cry so bad. No body has ever done anything this special for me, not in my entire life.

I never had a dad to take me to the Father Daughter dances as a kid. I always expected bare minimum and that's all I ever needed to be happy but this was the greatest moment in my entire excistance.

"Yes!" I said jumping into his arms and kissing him. He wrapped his arms around me and smiled.

"Aye! Not too much!" Brett and Vonny said at the same time making everyone laugh. I got off of Ethan and just hugged him smiling.

"You didn't have to do all of this baby." I smiledand he just laughed kissing my head.

I walked around and gave everyone hugs then we al just sat around the house talking and eating a cake Asia brought.

I had washed my hands then grabbed the baby from her and sat in awe as I watched him.

"Hey! My aunti!" Ivy said making a pout and I laughed.

"C'mere stink" I said and she sat next to me crossing her arms keeping the pout on her face. "You're always going to be my Ivy okay." I kissed her head and she laid on my lap.

It was now the day of the dance and I was getting ready in my bedroom. I had some music playing and I was curling my hair then I finished my make up.

I still needed to put my dress and heels on so I finished my make up as quick as I could  then I got the dress on with Asia's help.

It was a short black dress that had some sparkle in it. I also had some black heels that wrapped around my calf and I was all ready.

I took a quick look in the mirror before Vonny said "Val! Ethan's here!".

I took a deep breath and grabbed my little bag before walking down the stairs to the living room where Ethan was standing in his all black tuxe.

I smiled at him and he was speechless. I wish I knew what he was thinking but before I could say anything he spoke up.

"You look,"  He was trying to find the right word to say before finally saying, "Breathtaking."

I smiled at his words and gave him a small kiss before we left.

The night was perfect. Perfect pictures, perfect date, perfect outfit. It was all just as it should be and the universe was all in balance.

As we enjoyed a slow dance I looked into Ethan's eyes and I couldn't help but smile at him.

How could I not he was the handsomest boy I've ever seen. And the sweetest.

I could help but think I'd really hit the jackpot with his boy.