THIRTY-FOUR

*TW: Mentions of a forced sex act (being present while someone touched themselves)*

Standing in front of Lyn and Grey's door, I bring one of my hands out the pocket of my jeans - hovering my fist over the door to knock. I wasn't sure if Maeve was here yet, but I knew I needed to apologize to her for the way I've been acting. It's just not easy for me to sit around and let Conrad continue treating her this way when I've given her a way out. At this point she has three ways out - Lyn and Grey, her family and now me. For some reason she still chooses to reject all of them, and I get why she wants to have things figured out for herself first, but it's getting difficult to accept.

I finally let my fist make contact with the door before running that hand over my sweater, pushing out some of the creases that had appeared after sitting in the back of my Uber.

The door swings open and I'm met with Lyn's smiling face. "Hi Harry, you look nice. Come on in - Grey was just making some cocktails."

Lyn steps back to move out of the doorway, and I make my way inside. She shuts the door behind me, and I follow her lead into the kitchen to see Grey cutting up some fruit for the drinks he was making.

"Hey, Maeve's not with you?" Grey asks, and I shake my head.

"No, she told me she'd just meet me here."

"Did you ask her if she wanted to meet you at your place first, or did you just let her say that?" Lyn questions, and I can tell there's a bit of an underlying tone to her voice.

I'm sure Maeve has told her how I've been acting.

I clear my throat, taking the cocktail that Grey extended out to me. "I just let her tell me."

Lyn keeps her eyes on mine for a moment before turning to Grey. She takes a drink of her own and plants a kiss to his cheek after muttering a small 'thank you'.

"I plan on talking to her tonight, I promise," I tell her. "My emotions have been a little all over the place with her. I'm finding it hard to let her keep staying in her situation, but I know I need to respect her choice. I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty?"