NINE

*TW: Talks of unhealthy weight loss and dieting

*TW: Talks of unhealthy weight loss and dieting.*

A month. It's been a fucking month since I'd seen Maeve or even heard from her. Conrad had been out of town a lot lately so he hadn't been at any of the dinners we had to go to. Ultimately that meant Maeve wasn't at them either.

A week after the Hamptons trip Greyson finally confronted me and asked me what happened.

"Look, Harry, I know the excuse about the report was a fucking lie and you look like you haven't slept since you got back," Greyson says, a bit of a bite to his tone. "What happened?"

I look up from my beer that was on the table in front of me to look at him - his eyebrows narrowed and his jaw tight.

"Nothing happened, Grey. Let's just drop it, alright?"

Greyson scoffs and shakes his head, turning his head to the side as he bites down on his bottom lip.

I know he's not done asking me about it and I hate that he's frustrated with me but I can't help it. I don't want anyone to know what happened. What happened with Maeve can't happen again and the less people that know about it the better.

"What happened at dinner?" Greyson asks and looks back to me. "Or was it after dinner?"

Sighing, I sit back in my chair and cross my arms over my chest. "It was after dinner. Back at the hotel."

Greyson's eyes widened and he lowers the beer he was about to take a sip of. "Harry, please tell me you didn't."

I shake my head, sucking in a deep breath. "No, we didn't but...it could've happened. It would've happened. But Conrad called."

I reach out and grab my beer, downing the rest of it in a few gulps before standing. I fish a couple of bills out my wallet and drop them down on the table. "I've gotta go. I'll see you later."

I find myself outside of Greyson and Lynette's as we decided we'd go to the dinner at the Bardot residence together. I'm grateful for the company because I've been losing my mind this past week knowing that I was going to have to see Maeve again.