THIRTY

"Do you think he's gonna say some shit about my suit again?" I ask Lynette as I mess with the lapels of my suit jacket

Grey had gone over the bar to grab her a drink - she and I remained near the front of the restaurant.

"If he does, screw him," Lynette said with a shrug, reaching out to help me get the lapel to lay flat. "This suit is great, Harry. Besides, it's not his opinion you're worried about really. Maeve is gonna love it."

My heart fluttered as Lynette spoke her name.

My Maevey love.

It had been a week since I dropped her back off at Grey and Lyn's after New Years. Since then, we've been talking on the phone every night - sometimes FaceTiming too. The other night she FaceTimed me while she was in the bath and I read to her. I think ever since reading all that time in the study at The Harts', she's really been into books. We were currently working our way through 'Pride and Prejudice', and I was reading a chapter to her every night.

Sometimes she fell asleep and we'd pick up where we left off the next night - other times she begged for me to read another.

I decided when I dropped her off at The Harts' that I wasn't going to waste anymore time with her. Maeve was meant to be mine, and I have to show her just how much I need her.

The next time she came over, I'd be asking her to be mine. Plain and simple - no more questioning our intentions, no more beating around the bush. I already had most of it planned out. There's just a few more little details that I needed to narrow down, but I want it to be special for her. She deserves it.

I know that she hasn't told me everything about her past yet, but it doesn't matter to me. There's truly nothing she could've done in her past that would make me feel any different about her.

Licking over my bottom lip, I smoothed my hands over my suit jacket and retrieved my drink from the small table beside us, taking a long sip.

The front door of the restaurant opened to reveal Conrad walking in just as Grey made his way back from the bar. My eyes look past Conrad, waiting to see her.