𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

tw:violence
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

On my return flight, which could have been one of no return, I had time to think about all the things that happened during these years of war and Nazi rule. I am returning to a safer homeland even if it breaks me to have to leave my beloved France.
However, everything that has happened prevents me from moving forward and I need to be reborn. All the people I've lost because of my inexperience haunt me, and the thought of no longer having them with me destroys me. My name would be Charlotte again, my hair blonde again, and no loved ones at home waiting for me. We all landed safely in London, with me there were only two women, two nurses, everyone else, men. I, who was a simple SOE , felt a little lost among all those people. I wish I could go home and I wish everything that happened never happened. Once we landed they all decided to go and have a drink in this bar, which looked more like a club but I followed them, I needed to have some fun. i walked in, the lights were a bit dim and there was some low music, above the counter there was a big poster that said "Welcome to London", the place was very nice and there were a lot of people. I didn't drink anything but all the men got drunk and went to unknown women. I took advantage of it and looked around a bit like I love to do. while I was walking, however, I heard a muffled scream and for a moment I feared the worst, but I went to check anyway. I saw a creepy scene, there was a soldier definitely from our crew that I had already seen inside our plane who slapped a girl on the face, she fell to the ground. I took out the gun and pointed it to his head,

I yelled at him to leave and he left scared and drunk leaving her on the ground, I immediately ran to her "oh my goodness, are you all right?" I sat next to her but she didn't speak, she was like paralyzed and I couldn't see her face which was cov...

I yelled at him to leave and he left scared and drunk leaving her on the ground, I immediately ran to her "oh my goodness, are you all right?" I sat next to her but she didn't speak, she was like paralyzed and I couldn't see her face which was covered by her long black hair but I could hear sobs coming out of her mouth and for a moment I saw a tear fall down her cheek.
I reached out to touch her shoulder but she whirled around and I almost jumped in fear, she looked directly into my eyes with two black eyes and then she badly told me "it's my job, mind your own business"
"I'm not like them" I said softly taking her arm again as she was about to leave "I don't want to hurt you" I turned her towards me and found her face in front of mine, a gaunt face, marked features, a red cheek for the slap and two big black eyes swollen with tears that kept looking at me as if incredulous of my existence, I don't understand if she's angry or if she's about to burst into tears. I hugged her. When you have never seen someone before it feels better to hug them because they dont know neither you nor your story, they simply hug you.
It came spontaneously to me as if I had known I had to do it, I put a hand on her head and one on her back, stroking her and she burst into a liberating cry, poor creature, Who knows how many things she must have gone through. After a few minutes she moved away and I looked into her eyes, now calmer, and put a hand on her cheek; for a moment I was happy to be able to say "My name is Charlotte" after so many years being called by another name, it didn't even seem like mine anymore, she was intimidated "you can even not say it if you don't feel like telling it, I understand if you're scared" I whispered, i really understood her fear, i felt like that too. she took a breath of air and squeezed my hand that rested on her cheek as if to seek comfort and then she spoke "Lena, my name is Lena" the accent was foreign, but I didn't understand where it could come from.
"thank you for saving me anyway, I don't think i could have made that. can i do something for you?" she asked, she felt safer now I hope.
"actually i may need your help, i just came back from war in France and I need a place to stay, do you know where I can go? like if there's any hotel or apartment?" I asked
"I think the safest place, if you don't mind, can be my house, I have a little apartment but you can stay with me, London is a rather dangerous city and two is better than one, we can help each other" she suddenly opened up with me and I appreciated that so much, and I absolutely loved her idea.
"are you serious? because if you are thank you so much you are so kind even if i dont want to bother" I smiled "yes I am serious you can stay there with me and no youre not a bother to me, it's the least I can do"
i hugged her again "thank you" I said letting a tear fall down my cheek, i never felt so understood.
i followed her to her home which was a little apartment hidden on the top of a building, silent and with no other one. she didn't talk so i decided to ask when we entered "why do you do this job?" she sighed
"I didn't want to do it, I was studying to become a teacher but then war started and I couldn't find any other work to do so i was kind of forced to do it, it's bad i know but I'm used to it" she forced a smile "and yours? what's your job?" she asked "oh, I was a special operations executive during war, it was a quite dangerous work so I had to change my name, my hair color and my way of doing things" I sighed "so your name isn't Charlotte?" I laughed because I was sure she was going to ask me that question "no silly my name is Charlotte, I had another name then but my hair color is not my true one and I can't wait to become blond again" she smiled a little and let out a small laugh, which made my heart melt, I'm happy she's smiling, now seeing her in the light she's even more beautiful.
when there was a silent moment she started changing her clothes to go to sleep and I did that too, when I was finished she still was standing in front of the mirror with only her bra on looking at herself.
she saw me looking at her but she didn't say anything, her back was bruised and she had a scar on her lower back i let out a little "oh", I was so shocked and I felt so bad for that poor girl.
I looked her reflection in the mirror and our eyes met. she quickly covered herself with her tshirt and went to sleep.
i was walking to the sofa to sleep there.
"charlotte" she called for me "yes?" I asked "you don't need to sleep anywhere else, there's enough space for two" she tapped the bed and she turned around, we were back to back and I fell asleep straight away. strangely that girl brings me so much comfort that I can't even explain it.

☆☆☆☆☆

well this is the first chapter of my first story so maybe is not that good.
but I hope you like it anyway♡
If you liked it vote the story please and see you in the next chapter♡