006. spoiled

CHAPTER SIX
. . .SPOILED

the sun was burning on louise's skin and sweat was running down her face. she was at the beach with jamal and alphonso.

the two footballers were somewhere in the sea while louise layed on a towel in the sand. she had a book in her hands and was trying to read.

but the heat was so distracting that she could barely understand a word of what she was reading.

luckily jamal came running up to her, allowing herself to look away from her book. he sat down next to louise on his own towel, "how's life?" he asked, grinning widely.

"hot. you wanna play uno?" jamal nodded his head, accepting louise's proposal. she fished the pack of cards out of her bag and began to shuffle them.

after they'd played a few games— alphonso had joined the other two pretty quickly— the two boys decided to play a game of football, making louise get back to reading her book.

she found the concentration she needed surprisingly fast, and before she knew it she'd already finished four chapters.

as she turned a page to begin reading the fifth chapter she got distracted by her phone, a text message popped up on her screen, along side with a loud 'ping'.

kyl 🩵, lou 🩷

kyl 🩵, lou 🩷

kyl 🩵
bonjour
hello
hi
salut

lou 🩷
what's up

kyl 🩵
nothing much
how are you?

lou 🩷
i'm okay 😊
you?

kyl 🩵
pretty good
have you got anything planned today?

lou 🩷
not a lot
i'm at the beach rn
probably going shopping later

kyl 🩵
anything specific you're looking for?

lou 🩷
yes, actually!!
i saw this gorgeous dress yesterday
i'm definitely going to get it
was a bit expensive tho but wtv 😵‍💫

kyl 🩵