009. night swim

CHAPTER NINE
. . .NIGHT SWIM

"do they not know what privacy is?!" julia yelled. both louise and tiana suppressed a laugh. the three girls were on a call together and immediately the topic of the paparazzi pictures came up.

julia was very energetic, which was weird since it was one am for her, while it was seven and four pm for the other two.

"i will be having a word with their mothers." now louise and tiana allowed themself to laugh, julia eventually also smiling along, "don't stress it, jule." louise said.

"how's he feeling about all of this." tiana asked, raising her eyebrows when she spoke the word 'he'. "he's so chill, like— he's almost fine with it."

her friends listened intently as louise continued speaking, "i think he doesn't really like the secrecy around our 'relationship'."

"do you?" "yes. i love it." "why?"

louise inhaled sharply before replying; "if we never confirm anything, it's not real. now no one actually knows if we're dating or not . . i suppose that's just a comforting thought."

"but he wants to confirm that you're dating?" julia questioned with furrowed eyebrows, "not necessarily, i think he'd like a bit of a 'soft launch', you know?"

"do you want that too?" louise plucked at her nails as she shrugged, "i don't know." she answered, "it's a tough situation."

they were silent for a bit, before the silence was broken by a loud yawn coming from julia, "so sorry, i'm so tired."

louise smiled at her phone, "please go to sleep!" she said, tiana nodding along and telling julia the same thing.

"okayyy . . goodnight girlfriends, i love you!" "bye, love you too!" "love you, jules!"

        louise sat outside, next to the pool. her feet were dangling in the water, making the high temperature a lot easier to handle.

she intently watched at the ripples she was creating by moving her legs. the sun had fully set and the sky was starting to get darker.

        after a while of sitting next to the pool she decided to change into her swimwear and have a swim.

        once she had her bikini on, louise dived into the water. she stayed underwater until she had to come up for air and began to swim laps.

louise was in some sort of trance as she swam, everything around her seemed to vanish, her brain felt empty and quiet.

        all the many troubling thoughts that she was struggling with disappeared for a while.

        as she came up for air once again she was surprised to see kylian sitting next to the pool just like she had before.

        instead of acknowledging his presence louise kept swimming from one side of the pool to the other.

        she could feel kylian's eyes focused on her, burning holes into her body.

after a while she pushed herself up on the side of the pool, right in between kylian's legs.

louise looked up at him, making him shift awkwardly and tug on his shorts, "don't look at me like that." he grumbled.

the actress smiled and swam back to the other side of the pool. "how are you?" she heard kylian asked.

she turned around and swam towards him again. this time she sat next to him, water dripping down from her hair and body.

"fine, i guess . . . how are you?" louise looked at him while he stared at the water i front of them, "pretty good, actually."

        "but if you're not fine that's okay . ." kylian continued, he gently nudged louise with his shoulder.

        they looked at each other with tender smiles, "i'm fine, je promets." "d'accord."

        louise pulled her legs up towards her chest and cuddled up against kylian's side. the french footballer smiled down at her and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into him even further.

        they sat by the pool like that for what felt like hours. not saying much, just enjoying each other's company.

        only when kylian felt louise shudder did he speak; "are you cold?" he chuckled when she nodded immediately. he stood up and held his hand out for her, "let's go inside."

...yara speaks 🦋
next chapter is gonna be interesting 😁