010. fight

CHAPTER TEN
. . .FIGHT

louise hissed as she burned herself by accidentally touching the hot pan on the stove. she had been trying to make herself breakfast— key word, trying.

she swore loudly at the burning feeling that shot through her hand, she rushed over to the sink, quickly turning the tap on and sticking her hand underneath the running water.

a concerned mbappé walked into the kitchen, "hey, you alright?" "yes! i'm fine!" louise spat. kylian was slightly taken aback.

he walked over to the furnace and continued scrambling louise's eggs, "you don't need to do that." she told him.

"they'll burn." "no they won't, i can do it myself." louise walked back to where kylian was standing and took the pan and spatula from him.

part of her hand was bright red, and she clearly needed to keep it under water. "louise." kylian tugged on her arm, "i'll do it."

"no! you don't need to do it, because i can do it myself! i don't need help." the footballer was confused, "just let me help you."

louise rolled her eyes, "no." she took the pan off the furnace and began to fill up a plate with the scrambled— and half burnt— eggs.

kylian had his eyes focused on louise's hand, which only seemed to get more red by the second, "fine, whatever. just get your hand under the water."

he took her wrist and guided her to the sink. louise angrily pulled her hand back, "i'm not a kid! just leave me alone." she scolded as she moved her hands trough the air.

"i'm not saying you're a kid! i'm just trying to help you, mon dieu!" kylian stared at louise from the side as he rested one of his hips on the counter.

louise glared at him, "whatever." "why are you mad?!" "i'm not mad! dégage!" "fine." he left her side with an annoyed look on his face.

this wasn't the first time louise had snapped at him, but it was different. the night before had been so enjoyable, kylian felt like they were beginning something real.

maybe that was why louise was mad, because a relationship was completely out of her comfort zone, kylian knew that. maybe things started to get too uncomfortable for her.

but kylian also knew that he couldn't just go back to her to try and make things right because louise didn't calm down that easily.

        and while kylian was stressing about what to do next, louise was still standing in the kitchen with tears burning in her eyes.

partly because of the burning pain in her hand, but mainly because she had no clue what to do with herself.

louise was so confused, one moment she was perfectly happy spending time with kylian, and the next it was like she could snap at him about the smallest thing.

she honestly didn't know why she was like that. she genuinely liked him, but actually being with him felt unnatural to her.

it felt like it was something she didn't deserve, and feeling like that made the french-american girl miserable.

after she'd eaten her breakfast louise hid in her bedroom for the rest of the day, avoiding getting into a fight with kylian again.

and no matter how hungry she got towards the end of the day, she couldn't let herself go downstairs. she was too scared to hurt kylian's feelings.

because hurting him was something she did not want to do at all. he never did anything wrong, he deserved much better in louise's opinion.

        so once the sun had set and she'd heard kylian go to bed louise slipped out of her room and sped downstairs to get something to eat.

        she made herself a sandwich and a cup of tea. she sat down at the table. the only light came from the moonlight outside, slightly lighting up the room.

        after louise was done she tip-toed back up the stairs. when she walked past kylian's room she stood still, contemplating if she should go inside and apologise to him.

she quietly pushed the door open and peeked inside. kylian was laying in his bed, his breathing steady and calm. louise couldn't help but smile at the peaceful state he was in.

since she didn't want to unnecessarily wake him up she tried to close the door again, but before she could do that she was stopped by his voice, "lou?"

he sounded tired and his voice was groggy, "i just wanted to apologise." louise whispered. kylian sat up straight in his bed, patting the space beside him, "come here."

louise hesitantly walked over to him, "what'd you want to apologise for?" he asked with a breathy voice, "i was really mean to you." she replied.

"it's fine." "how can you possibly say that it's fine?" kylian shrugged, "'cause i love you." a sweet smile was plastered on his lips, "i know."

"let's just forgive and forget." kylian whispered as he pulled louise closer to him. louise closed her eyes and snuggled up against kylian.

"i don't deserve you, kyl." she sighed. when she didn't hear a response louise peeked through her eyelids to see kylian fast asleep again, "i really don't."

...yara speaks 🦋
i am going CRAZY, there's this guy from the us that has a crush on me and we've been texting nonstop since i've left and look at what he said today 😭😭

yara speaks 🦋i am going CRAZY, there's this guy from the us that has a crush on me and we've been texting nonstop since i've left and look at what he said today 😭😭

biggest compliment i've ever gotten 🥹