The only problem is my lady. If only she listens and obey me, nothing would be much of a nuisance for me to handle. If only she hears me. Which I doubt.

With a curt nod of their head, they are away. I look at the direction of my room, situated at first floor. The open ceiling gives me a glimpse of the closed oak door.

Coming out, Vishal joins me promptly. The Sarpanch on seeing me coming out from the haveli, dash towards me on his old leg. When he inhales few breaths giving oxygen to his dyeing lung, he stands upright drawing the same comedy look in which he thinks he looks intrepid, but just a fool.

"Hukum, we should go to east side." With saying that he runs his feet towards the east side.

Folding open my sunglasses, I wear them protecting myself from the harsh rays.

"West." I begin walking.

Vishal lets out a snicker seeing the drained old face of Sarpanch. He U-turn his feet, joining us.

"As you wish, Hukum." He laughs inordinately in order to wipe his embarrassing moment, somewhat covering his bewildered look.

Oldy, the game you're playing I played it when I's fourteen. The seventeen years of practice was for nothing.

As we passed the roads, leaving the habitation behind, the more the dry bushes started coming in peripheral.

The land looked dried out, some even had droughts resulting the crop leaves to drop and wilt. The greenery wiped out from the farms.

I remove my sunglasses, turning to face the man. I eye the men, who looks anywhere but at me.

"Vishal either the irrigation facility overworked itself or it didn't work at all. What do you think about it?"

"Uh boss if we look at it, the pumps and water pipe are vanished from the farms. It feels like they never were here." He admits.

I crunch my eyebrow, folding my arms against my chest. "But here our Sarpanch said that he did irrigation facility. And as a proof, he has been submitting us the payment receipts every year. Didn't he?" I turn my eyes to him.

The indicated man sweats pompously. He ducks his head, not saying a words.

"Start speaking." I order him pining him with my cold gaze.

He knows that there is no escape root for him, and like a good citizen he starts speaking, "Hukum I'm sorry-"

"Pardon me with your sorry's and start speaking." I cut him.

He lifts his ducked head, looking at me then going back to his normal position, "I got driven by my greed and spend the money you gave me every year, on my personal needs. But I did give half of the money on irrigation project."

"Half?" Vishal cocks in.

He stammers whispering, "Twenty percent."

I breath out air, trying to control my anger.

"You know me, still you dared to go against my trust." My tone marred with indignation.

He falls on his knees, begging for mercy. I pinch between my brows. Removing my eyes from him I look ahead. A familiar figure of which I'm well accustomed of, fall in the vicinity. The earlier rage is nothing compared to this one I'm facing.

She knew if she dares to disobey me, she would be the one getting hurt. Yet, there she stands with another unfamiliar face. As if catching my fierce gaze, she looks up, straight directly at me. Her doe-eyes widens in shock. Apparently, causing her to vanish off.