Chapter 2 - Ulivia, The mystery

Soma's pov

The jet slowly lowers itself, the wheels extending out. It finally hit the ground, and the back door dropped. I unstrap myself, get up and let out a quiet sigh. Another day passed. Sometimes I think, 'Will I still be alive..to see the world heal?'

"take your stuff and exit the vehicle with haste, this jet needs to go on another mission." The commander said, looking back from the front seats.

We all nod, quickly exiting the jet and onto Ulivia. We're at a landing port, the sea's air blowing at us with hints of salt water in it. This port is locked off with a long wall that extends through the whole harbor, almost the whole beach. Me and Kenji nod to the one other person in our temp-squadron and leave together to the exit. Once we get far enough, Kenji lets out a huge sigh, putting a hand on my shoulder as if he were exhausted.

"Whew, finally out of that place. I was suffocating in the silence." He said dramatically. "Never liked that commander, too serious for the likes of me." He let out another big sigh and pushed through the thick metal exit door. I always wondered why they would make these so thick and not make the wall the same thickness.

"You wanna go grab something to eat? I'm hungry after carrying so many bodies." Kenji rested his hands behind his head, unzipping a part of the uniform, which I assume is to let him cool off. His blonde curly hair flowed in the wind.

"First let's meet up with the others. They might've cooked somethin-" I'm interrupted by an explosion. which is followed by a loud screech, a familiar screech. I turn and see a muddy pinkish monster that comes crashing through the mountain, about the size of three humans. A monster inside Ulivia? Inside Savior's territory? This was as probable as winning everyone in a casino winning the jackpot at the same time, twice. It was basically impossible. Especially in Ulivia.

"How the hell did that get here.." I mutter, pulling up my cloth mask and getting ready to run. But before I take off, I hear the sounds of a helicopter, which gets louder very quickly. I turn, and on the side of the helicopter is the number 52. My perma-squadron's number. The helicopter doesn't stop accelerating, but people jump out of it, following one by one like meters.

I back up as they come closer, finally landing and causing a small shake each time. It was 3 of my squadmates. One of them immediately starts running after the monster which was just screaming as it broke everything in its way. oddly enough, everything it broke through disappeared. Was he...eating it all?

"Hey, good to see you coming back alive, Soma, Kenji." She says. This is the main commander of our perma-squadron, Sendo Elysia. Her leadership is the best I've seen. She gives a small smile, pushing her black hair with brown tips aside, facing the two of us. Her uniform was slightly different from ours, as she was a renowned commander. One sought out by all perma-squadrons. She quickly turned to the other squadmate here.

"Hey guys, we were just talking about you before a monster pooped the party," Kenji said with a sarcastic tone.

"Linze, go assist Renzo. He's got brute strength, but this monster is a slippier one. It's different from the one it's classified to be like." Linze groaned, putting his hands in the air.

"I'm pretty sure he can handle himself! he won't need my help. And while he's doing that, I can just, y'know, rest here." he said, with a small chuckle to end it off.

"Go, now," Elysia said with intimidation.

"Yeah, you better go, you're boyfriend'll need your help," Kenji said, snickering. Linze was the other chatterbox I was talking about. Linze looked at with a stink eye, running towards Renzo, not before slapping Linze on the forehead. He laughed as he ran away. "That little..."