13. Turn-On

Poolside - 6:27 pm - Boracay, Philippines

3rd person POV:

Having yummy sushi by the pool while the sun was setting as the sky held multiple shades of orange and pink, warm weather, loud music, and good company, the girls were happy.

Sam took pictures, of course. She loved to capture happy moments so she can revisit them as beautiful memories in the future. She took pictures of the sunset, the sushi, the pool, the girls, and Mon. Mon was her favorite subject. Her favorite capture.

As the girls enjoyed their drinks and bopped their heads to the music, Sam was busy editing her pics on her phone. She reached out to Mon and tapped her shoulder to show her the edited photo.

"Wow Sam, that's gorgeous," Mon said as she held the phone and observed the picture, "Hey, uh, your mom is texting you," she quickly handed the phone back to Sam

Mama -- Hey Sammy, how are you feeling now? Did you take your anxiety meds? 

Sam winced as she saw her mom's text. Not because of the text, but because Mon saw it. Sam talks to her mom every day and her mom knows all about her mental health and anxiety.

'Oh well, I'm going to tell Mon everything tomorrow anyways so what does it matter now..' Sam tried to stop herself from overthinking and just went back to enjoying the moment.

Sam -- hi mommy, I'm okay. I'm at the pool with the girls now. Will call you in the morning! Love you x

After a while, the girls wrapped up their pool outing and headed to the beach where the hotel restaurant was having a huge bonfire where the rich smell of chocolate s'mores filled the air.

"Mmmmmm smells so GOOD!!" Nam exaggeratingly moaned over the smell.

She wasn't wrong though, the smell and the vibes on the beach, it was all good. There was a giant food truck to the side that offered biscuits, marshmallows, and chocolate for the s'mores. Above the food truck, there was a large banner saying 'HAPPY S'MORES DAY'. Around the food truck, they hung fairy lights all around. Beach chairs and bean bags were situated around the bonfire as hotel visitors held conversations while others danced to the romantic music. 

As the girls walked around observing the event, Yuki's phone started ringing loudly.

"It's... Richie..." she shyly spoke and left to speak privately.

"Okay, I gotta talk to her about this... are they in a relationship or what? Why can't they keep me in the loop?" Mon scoffed annoyingly as she complained about her thoughts to Sam and Nam as they chuckled quietly at her reaction.

"Whattt why are you laughing? It's my own best friend and brother wai," she whined as they laughed harder at her whining.

"I mean it's just funny how you still haven't talked to them about it meanwhile it seems like they've been dating for 6 months already HAHAHAHA," Nam said blatantly as she couldn't hold her laughter.