Chapter 14

It wasn't long before Kor arrived, a grin on his face as he spotted me sitting down on the couch.

"Commander." I said as I rose to my feet and gave him a small bow.

"I must say, Miss Aurelan, you are not at all like your brother." Kor said as he grabbed two glasses and a bottle of blood wine.

"I have been told that since the day I was born." I said as I interlaced my fingers together.

"I believe it. I have a lot of respect for your brother, he is a man who speaks his mind." Kor said as he poured the liquid into the glasses.

Bloodwine was the last thing I wanted to drink, but I knew that in Kor's eyes it would be an insult to not accept it. Especially seeing as I was suppose to be a loyal little follower.

"Something I can agree with you, Commander." I said as he held one of the glasses out to me.

I took it and sent him a small smile.

"It is bloodwine, one of the strongest drinks known to man." He said with a smirk. "I do hope it will agree with you."

I said nothing and brought the glass to my lips.

As soon as it hit my lips I felt a small wave of sickness hit me. It was extremely sweet, almost like a fruity California cabernet, but it tasted like it had a hint of pepper in it.

I finished my glass and then set it down on the table.

"Was it to your liking?" Kor asked with a smirk.

"It was.. sweeter than I expected." I said as I sent him a small smile.

"I am a fan of sweet bloodwine I must confess, the sweeter the better, I dare say Miss Aurelan." He said calmly.

"Miss Aurelan makes me sound so old, Commander. Please just call me Aurelan." I said softly.

"Of course, my dear. Then I must ask that you call me Kor." He said as he walked up to me.

"Alright.. Kor." I said softly.

"I must say, you are nothing like I expected." He said as he walked past me and set his glass down on the table.

"And how did you expect me to behave?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"I do not know, but I find you... intriguing." He said as he tilted his head to the side.

He picked up his glass and brought it to his lips. I watched as he took a small sip of it, before setting the glass back down.

"I swear I have seen you before... but I do not know from where." He said as he rose to his feet.

"You are not the first to say that. If you don't mind me asking, Kor... the Vulcan merchant, what has happened to him?"

"He was released, it appears he spoke the truth." He said as he walked up to me.

"I am not surprised, from what I hear.. Vulcan's do not lie."

He gave a nod and went to say something but was stopped by a guard walking into the room.

"What is it!" He snapped as he turned to look at him.

"Sir, there has been an attack."

"I see, if you will excuse me." Kor said as he walked past me.

"Do be safe, Kor." I said stopping him in his tracks.

He turned to look at me and stared at me for a second before he turned back around and left the room, leaving me alone. I let out a sigh as I set back down and picked up his glass of Bloodwine, which I instantly downed.