Chapter 17

It was strange how a year could have passed by so quickly. It was even stranger how I had grown found myself growing close to a man I once hated. A man who would soon worm his way into my heart and force me to fall in love with him.

I heard a whistle and rolled my eyes as I whistled back and turned around to see Jim walking towards me, a giant grin on his face.

"Thea, do you mind if I speak to you, in private?" Jim asked as he walked up to me.

"Of course, but is something wrong?" I asked as I stared up at him.

He looked around and then dragged me behind him. It wasn't long before we arrived at his room and he led me inside. The door shut as Jim motioned for me to sit down.

"I'm afraid that this is about Spock. Have you noticed that he has been acting strange?" Jim asked with a frown.

"Not really. Why do you think that Spock is acting strange?" I asked as I leaned forward.

"Well for one he yelled at Nurse Chapel and well he is now asking for shore leave." Jim explained as he set down at his desk and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What? You have to be kidding? Spock has never raised his voice before. Not to mention he hates shore leave. I mean I have tried to trick him into taking shore leave before and lets just say he ended up somehow tricking me into taking shore leave." I said as I shook my head.

"I know. Thea, I hate to ask, but could you possibly speak to him and see what's going on?" He asked as he let out a sigh.

"Of course. I'll go and see him now." I said as I rose to my feet.

"Thank you."

I patted Jim on the shoulder and then made my exit. It didn't take me long to find Spock, seeing as he was in his room. I walked up to his door and gave it a sharp knock.

"Come in!" Spock called out.

I walked inside and instantly saw him flinch upon seeing me.

"Lieutenant Commander, what can I do for you?" He asked as he set at his desk.

The first thing I noticed about Spock was that he seemed to be out of breath and that he had a tight grip on his desk, one that if he was fully Vulcan would have snapped the desk in half.

"And here I thought you were done with titles, Mister Spock."

He sent me a look and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Jim asked me to come and check on you. He said that you haven't been acting right." I said as I walked up to him.

"I am fine, as you can clearly see."

"You don't look fine to me, Spock... if something is bothering you, you can tell us. We care about you-"

"Don't come any closer!" He ordered cutting me off.

I stopped walking and sent him a look of shock.

"I.. I can't.. Im afraid that I can not be near you." He said as he looked away from me.

"Why not? Spock, you are scaring me and Jim. We are worried about you." I said as I took another step near him.

"Perhaps you should be scared of me." He growled out.

I stopped moving and took a step back, my eyes went wide and I felt my heart stop. He let out a shaky breath and I watched as he rose to his feet.

"Leave, now." He ordered angrily. "Before I do something... that we will both regret."