Chapter 9

Mentions of torture, rape, murder, and a child's death

I slowly followed behind him, a frown on my face.

How was this happening? How was Manning here? Was it this planet? Or was I going insane?

"Is everything okay, Lieutenant?" Manning asked as he turned to look at me.

"No, not really. Manning how are you here, how are any of you here?" I asked quietly.

"You brought us here, silly." He said as he let out a laugh.

"I brought you here?" I asked with a frown as I stopped in my tracks.

He let out a small laugh and turned and continued to walk away from me, leaving me behind.

"You best hurry up, ma'am. They are waiting for you." A voice said from behind me.

I spun around and came face to face with an young woman, with long blonde hair and a frown on her face.

"Angel?"

Angelica 'Angel' Odan, was our communications officer. She knew almost every language known to man. She was a Trill female, and had just been linked with her Symbiont. After she died her symbiont was passed down to her brother. She wasn't as lucky as Manning or Lilian. Angelica died right before I was rescued.

"You mustn't keep them waiting, ma'am." She said as she turned and walked away from me.

I let out a sigh as I shook my head and turned back around. I started back towards Manning, who was waiting on a rock.

"I see Angel stopped by." He said as he swung his feet back and forth.

"Manning, where are we going?" I asked softly.

"To see your crewmates." He said as he jumped to his feet.

"And you are?" A voice asked from up ahead.

"Doctor Pavilion Shira." A deep voice said with a sigh.

"Shira? Wait you served with Thea." Another voice gasped out.

"Yes, and I died serving with her."

We made it to a clearing, where I found Jo and Chekov standing in front of a tall man who had long blonde hair and green eyes.

"So I'm not going insane, you all see them too?" I asked with a frown as I walked up to them.

"Hello, Theodosia. It has been some time." Shira said as he placed his hands behind his back.

"You died."

"Yes, I did." He said with a small smile.

Doctor Pavilion Shira was a Lanthanites male and a good friend of mine. He had been the one to recruit me for this mission, the mission that would ultimately take his life.

"How are you.. Jo, do you know how they are here?" I asked as I turned to look at Jo.

"I may be able to answer that." A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to see a smiling grey-haired man in a long green robe walking up to us.

"Who are you?" I asked with a frown.

"I'm the caretaker of this place, Miss Kirk." He said softly.

"You know my name?" I asked in shock.

"But of course. We've just discovered you don't understand all this. These experiences were intended to amuse you." He said softly.

"Amuse? That's your word for this?" I asked as I motioned to Manning.

"My dear, none of this is permanent. Here you have to only imagine your fondest wishes, either old ones you wish to relive or new ones, anything at all. Battle, fear, love, triumph. Anything that pleases you can be made to happen."