Chapter 8

I let out a sigh as I toyed with my fork. It had been over a month now and Bones still wouldn't allow me to leave the Sickbay.

"Bones, I'm fine. I am not going to attack anyone." I said as I turned to look at him.

"I'm sorry, but until I have cleared you, you'll be sitting there and lookin pretty."

"I'm starting to understand why Jo calls you the warden." I said as I slumped back against my pillow.

"Good then the therapy is helping." Bones said as he tapped away on his datapad.

"Can I at least have a visitor?" I asked with a groan.

"Chapel will stop by soon enough."

"Anyone but her! Gods I'd even take Spock, just... please let me talk to someone." I begged.

He let out a sigh and hit a button on his communicator.

"Chekov, report to sickbay." Bones said with a frowns.

"You know what, I'll take it." I said as I set up straight.

"I'll be back, try not to stab anyone."

"Hilarious, real hilarious." I said as I let out a huff.

He let out a chuckle and turned and walked out of the room, leaving me with my plastic fork. I rolled my eyes and ate my dinner.

I was grateful that he was finally allowing me to see people again. Bones' first rule upon me staying was that I'd spend a period away from the crew and take time to myself. At first it was relaxing but I was starting to miss my friends and family. Hell I was even missing Spock.

The door to sickbay opened and I turned to see Chekov walk into a the room, a giant grin on his face.

"Thea!"

"Easy now, remember no touching." Bones said as he grabbed Chekov's arm.

"But sir-"

"No buts, I'm the doctor here."

"You know Doctor McCoy, this is why people tend to perceive you as somewhat of a-"

"Let me guess the word you're going to say is tempestuous." Bones said as he cut me off with a frown.

"Actually most of the time it's just Heinous bitch, but sure let's go with tempestuous." I said as I shook my head.

"You get five minutes with him now."

"Thank you, Bones." I said as he turned and walked out of the room.

"He's being very strict with you." Chekov said as he set down beside my bed.

"Don't I know it. He won't even let Jim in to see me." I said as I set my tray down on the nightstand.

"Want me to break you out?" He asked in a whisper.

"Would you?"

"We are bout to stop for shore leave, I'll try and see if I can get Scotty to help."

"Don't tell Jo I said this, but I love you." I said as I quickly hugged him.

"Your secret is safe with me." He said as he let out a laugh.

Right at the five minute mark Bones walked into the room and dragged Chekov out, leaving me alone once again. When Bones returned he pulled his scanner out and did another check up on me.

"Bones, how many times are you going to scan me today?"

"As many times as I need too." He grumbled out.