Chapter 6

I woke up to the feeling of cuffs being placed on my wrists. My eyes snapped open and I tried to sit up, but found that I couldn't. I started to struggle, but found that it was useless. I heard the sound of chains clicking together and quickly turned to see a Klingon man walk up to me.

"No.. you're dead.. I killed you." I said as I felt my eyes go wide.

He couldn't be here, he couldn't be standing before me. Not when I had seen him die. This had to be a nightmare, this couldn't be real.

"It seems that you had a wonderful dream, but I'm afraid that dream is over." He said as he pulled a blade out.

"No! Stay away from me!" I screamed as I started to thrash around.

"Time to wake up, Theodosia." He said as he moved the blade towards my chest.

"No!" I screamed as I tried to push him away.

"Thea!" Another voice exclaimed.

My eyes snapped open and I shot up. I gasped for air as I looked around. I turned my head and came face to face with Jo, who had a bloody nose.

"Did I-"

"It's fine." She said as she helped me sit up.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it." She said as she let out a laugh.

I couldn't believe that I had hurt her. That I had injured my best friend. This wasn't the first nightmare that I had, but it was the most violent. It seemed like my nightmares were getting worse, each one get more realer than the last. It was starting to become an issue that I feared would cause a problem for my career.

"Thea, Jim here." A voice said thru my communicator.

"Here." I said as I jumped to my feet and grabbed my communicator.

"We are needed on Starbase 11." He explained.

"Right, I am on my way." I said as I rubbed my temples.

"Are you okay? You sound-"

"Yea, I just have a headache." I said as I cut him off and turned my communicator off.

I looked at Jo, who simply waved me off.

"Again, I'm so sorry." I said as I turned and rushed out of the room, leaving her alone with a bloody nose.

It wasn't long before we beamed down right outside of the station. As soon as we touched down, I followed Jim, Spock, and Bones to the front door.

"Welcome to Starbase Eleven, Captain. The Commodore's waiting to see you. He's curious why you suddenly changed course and came here." A woman said as she walked up to us.

"We received a subspace message asking us to divert here immediately." Kirk explained as I put my hands behind my back.

"This base sent no message, Captain." She said with a frown.

We made our way to Mendez' office and I stood behind Jim. I stayed silent as I held my breath.

"Oh, Jim, I just can't understand this." Mendez' said as he shook his head.

"Mister Spock received a starbase transmission, a message from the former commander of the Enterprise, Fleet Captain Pike, urgently requesting that we divert here."

"Impossible." Mendez' said as he turned to look at us.

"If my first officer states he received a transmission from-"

"Jim, I'm not doubting anyone's word. I'm simply telling you it's impossible."

"Why?" Jim asked with a frown.