Chapter V: Submerged

Start from the beginning

      "Okay, being this deep below sea level with this much PRP around, it'll be difficult for anyone to sense us once we get started, and we won't be able to sense others either; that way, we're not distracted," she said without looking at him.

      "All right...wait, what do you mean 'get started'?"

      Za'Fia turned slowly and gave a slick smile that sent a shiver through Tymon. She walked toward him, each of her movements seemingly wholly embodying the concept of seduction.

      When she reached him, she gently pressed him against the wall behind him.

      "A girl brings you to her private place that's quiet with no distractions – a place where she finally has you to herself, and you have to ask what I mean? What do you think I mean?"

      Tymon looked around as if the fact that they were deep underwater and alone in a cave had just sunk in.

      "That's...I mean...We..." was all he could manage at the moment. He was completely caught off guard.

      Heat started to radiate from Za'Fia as she gave him a dangerous look. At that moment, Tymon felt like a twenty-year-old again, blushing and unable to articulate the muddled mess that was his thoughts.

      He found the sensation strange, considering that no woman, including Za'Fia, had ever caused this reaction in his past life.

      As Za'Fia rose to the tip of her toes and her face got closer to his, he felt himself gulp hard as his heart raced.

      When her face was less than an inch away from his, and he could feel the warmth of her breath as their lips nearly touched, Za'Fia giggled and kissed him on the cheek.

      "It's for training, dummy," she said playfully as she backed away.

      Tymon exhaled deeply, feeling a mixture of relief and disappointment. He tried to calm his breath and refocus his thoughts seamlessly.

      "Training?"

      Za'Fia moved to a secluded part of the cave hidden behind an extension of the wall.

      "I noticed how you're struggling to keep control of your beast. It slipped with Alissia earlier, and you nearly lost it with Michael," she said as a shirt fell on the floor. Tymon realized she was using the area as a changing booth.

      "As you probably already know, initially, controlling our hybrid form will be difficult," she continued. "After all, it is the raw essence of our aspects mixed with the instincts of a beast. While down here, you'll learn how to control yours; that way, you don't try to kill everyone indiscriminately the next time you transform."

      "I've been meaning to get to that, but I've been a bit distracted," Tymon admitted. "Now's as good a time as any."

      Tymon removed his cloak and quietly practiced some breathing exercises, prepping himself. When he finished, he heard Za'Fia walking toward him. She wore black leggings, sneakers, and a red sports bra.

      "Shouldn't you be leaving?" Tymon asked, a little confused.

      "No, you'll just get out and cause a catastrophe if I leave you alone," she replied as she tied her hair back.

      "So, what's the plan," he asked as Za'Fia started stretching.

      "It's simple, like any other first full transformation: you'll let it all out," she answered. "Once you do that, you'll need to use your willpower to reign it back within four days. That's the max any of us can withstand. After that, your mental strength will wane. If you manage to force it to submit, the beast within you will be under your control. Fail, and you'll be stuck as a mindless killing machine for the rest of your life – which is forever now."

      Tymon watched her as she continued to stretch, then realized what she intended to do.

      "Don't tell me you plan to fight me in my hybrid form," he exclaimed.

      "Someone has to keep you from leaving the cave. It'd suck if you came back and learned you went on a murderous rampage for four days, wouldn't it?"

      "No, that's a dangerous plan," Tymon said sternly.

      Za'Fia's expression changed to one of annoyance.

      "One, I'm not Alissia; I can handle myself. Two, you're not the only one here with a hybrid form. And three, I brought you here so your power wouldn't be too much of an issue," she stated fiercely.

      "Right..." Tymon said, taken aback by her sudden shift.

      "Well, here goes," he said as he looked at Za'Fia for confirmation.

      "I'm ready," she said with a nod.

      With barely any effort, Tymon released all the energy that bubbled just beneath the surface and transformed into his hybrid form.

      Before his mind slipped into darkness, he saw Za'Fia's shocked expression.

      "You can still release this much energy!?" She expressed as Tymon felt himself lunge at her before blacking out.

------

Fun fact: Za'Fia's favorite hobby is deep diving (freestyle)

Fun fact: Za'Fia's favorite hobby is deep diving (freestyle).  Even though her powers are effectively useless underwater, she finds it freeing to rocket through the water and discover things humans can't.

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)