Chapter I: Mile High (Pt.2)

We came across clubs suited to everyone's interests.

      No wonder this place is so huge, I thought as I looked around at half-dressed individuals.

      Thankfully the one we were in was non-nudity. After seeing my ninth set of abs and women with impossible curves, I was starting to feel a bit self-conscious.

      When I glanced at Naomi, I saw she'd switched to her other personality. I guess this environment was too much for her.

      Then when I looked at Trik, I caught him observing everyone with envy again, but I didn't say anything about it even though it killed me not to.

      "This way. Follow me," Trik said over the music as he used his sensors to detect where Damien was.

      Eventually, after snaking through the exotic and energetic crowd, we reached a black door labeled "Cloud 9".

      When we opened the door, we were blasted with an energy unlike anything I'd ever felt. Stepping through that door was like stepping into an entirely different dimension.

      The music seemed to resonate more with me, and the air had an electric tingle to it that rubbed the nerve endings of my entire body just right.

      I was suddenly feeling enticed.

      My body felt a little warmer and alert, like I'd become sensitive to the energy of those around me. I almost want to say it felt...activated.

      Whatever it was, it felt good.

      The temptation to join everyone else and dance half-naked suddenly was so strong it was difficult to resist, but I managed just barely.

      "Come on, guys, let's hurry and find Damien," I said hoarsely. At least, I thought I did.

      Neither of them seemed to have heard me, though.

      "You're looking for Damien?" said a passing woman. "I was with him yesterday. You're in for the time of your life."

      "Oh no, I'm not into that kind of stuff," I said as I blushed.

      "Don't worry, it's not what you think," she leaned in and whispered.

      "What do you mean?' I asked curiously.

      "He's like a pleasure magician or something. He doesn't lay a finger on anyone. Just being in his presence is enough," she told me excitedly. "Come on, let me show you where he's usually at."

      The woman beamed enthusiastically as she led us to what she referred to as Damien's room, her body swaying to the music the entire way there.

      His "room" was visible from most points of Cloud 9. We saw it had a large black and silver door on it.

      As we approached it, the door swung open as someone walked out. Inside, the room was dark, but I saw multiple people's silhouettes lying on the floor. When enough light from outside the room shined in, for a brief second, I could see many of them had smiles on their faces.

      Then the door closed.

      I stood there, blinking frequently as my mind raced at the possibilities of what went on behind that door.

      Without thinking, I started to reach for the door, but before I could, it was opened by someone inside.

      Standing before me was a 6'1" man with an intoxicating woody yet delicate scent. His body was muscular and lean like Tymon's, and his sand-colored skin seemed just as superhuman. His hair, on the other hand, grew slightly past his shoulders and was straight, jet black, and had purple highlights.

      He wore dark pants, shoes, and a white buttoned-down shirt that exposed his bare chest along with the large, black circle with six lines extending from it that I presumed was his ascension mark.

      Looking at his hair, I noticed it was still damp, indicating he'd just gotten out of the shower.

      His body crackled with pink lightning as the water droplets on his skin were vaporized.

      Seeing the pink lightning reminded me of the lightning I'd seen back in Avarice's lab that helped us escape.

      "It was you that came to help us that day," I said aloud.

      "Pretty sure he only went to protect Tymon," I heard Naomi mutter.

      Before I could turn my attention toward her to ask what she meant, Damien's eyes began to glow pink as he cracked a heart-melting, sensual smile at me.

      "Hello," he said in a voice that seemed to draw in all my senses.

------

Fun fact: Alissia's net worth is $523,000 from the money she won in Los Vegas before the story began

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)