Celeste let out a startled exclamation, as her eyes widened. "This must be a joke... a Regirock?! That's a Legendary pokemon!"

"Brandon had the Regi Trio," Reggie chuckled. "Legendary pokemons are not that rare to see in the Battle Frontier Challenge. If anything it is quite a preference from the Frontier Brains."

Ash leaned forward with an anticipating grin. His demeanor notably influenced by his dragon's fierce determination. An essence of dragon-like intensity had crept into Ash's demeanor. "Battle Frontier, eh. I better get in contact with Scott as soon as I win a Pokemon Conference. I will be more than happy to challenge them."

Regirock initiated the fray, launching a Stone Edge, only to be met by Hariyama's resilient block. "Rock moves don't fare well against Fighting types," Paul remarked, his voice edged with determination. "Is this your way of testing us, Master Trainers love their trials."

Brandon's smile was enigmatic as he retorted, "You'll have to uncover that for yourself."

Paul's command echoed as Hariyama charged forth with Arm Thrust. However, an unexpected turn followed – Regirock encircled Hariyama, neutralizing his assault. A shockwave emanated from Regirock's grasp, inflicting substantial damage due to their close proximity. "Force Palm!" Paul ordered, but Regirock nimbly dodged it, retaliating with a potent Focus Punch that rendered Hariyama unconscious. Paul withdrew Hariyama with a furrowed brow. Brandon's Regirock was indeed formidable, his strength not to be underestimated.

Ash whistled impressed as Reggie winced at his little brother's swift loss. "A one-punch knock-out, damn. The Battle Frontier Challenge its looking more and more interesting by the minute."

"Next up is Electabuzz!" Paul's confident voice echoed.

"Why Electabuzz?" Celeste's perplexed inquiry hung in the air. "I am no Gym Trainer, but I can see how that is a bad idea."

The choice puzzled everyone except Ash, who chimed in, "He's aiming for Brick Break, super-effective against Regirock." Ash's prediction showcased his strategic insight. Yet, Regirock showed no signs of faltering. Stone Edge erupted again, forcing Electabuzz to Protect. The attack's ferocity shattered the defense, toppling Electabuzz. Paul's frustration was palpable, swiftly capitalized on by Brandon's Hyper Beam. Electabuzz's defeat was swift, and Paul recalled it. Brandon mirrored the recall, swapping Regirock for Registeel, while Paul reintroduced Magmar. The fire type was an astute choice against the steel type, a fact not lost on any of them. "Smart, that way Brandon won't have to worry about the cooldown-effect from the Hyper Beam."

"Magmar, Flamethrower!" Paul's command resounded, Magmar executing the move. To everyone's astonishment, Registeel endured the attack without flinching.

Ash for a second compared the Flamethrower to Charizard's and found it lacking. Ash giggled as he heard Nephele's chippering, it seems like he was not the only one thinking it. "I agree, baby girl."

"Execute Iron Head," Brandon's collected voice commanded, a stark contrast to Paul's agitation.

"Magmar, block it and use Will-O-Wisp!" Paul's orders were met with Magmar's flinch, hindering his countermove. Paul swiftly recalled Magmar, summoning Nidoking in his stead.

Celeste's confusion led her to question, "Why Nidoking? Steel types are immune to poison." But she quickly corrected herself. "Right, never mind, Nidoking is also a Ground type, which super-effective against Steel types."

Registeel retaliated with a Flash Cannon, striking Nidoking head-on. The impact was jarring, yet Nidoking swiftly recovered, launching a dual assault of Earth Power and Double Kick. These attacks rattled Registeel, the first to leave a noticeable impact on Brandon's lineup. Nidoking and Paul persisted, summoning Thunderbolt. Registeel countered, using Iron Head to absorb the electric onslaught, much to Ash and Celeste's interest- they will both be stealing that technique. Registeel's counterattack knocked Nidoking out of the battle.

Brandon's taunts only worked to make Paul angrier. Reggie in return frowned harder, his little brother was falling for the Pyramid Master's plan and he had not even realized it yet. After recalling Nidoking, Paul released Lairon, making Ash tilt his head with interest, he was not aware of Paul's newest catch. Even Celeste was interested in the Lairon, as her future step-father was known for his powerful Aggron.

"Lairon, you're up!" Paul's call marked the battle's continuation.

Celeste's Pokedex research added context to Lairon's appearance: 'Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokemon, dual-typed Steel/Rock, evolved from Aron. They feasts on iron ore and clashes to assert their territory.'

Brandon replaced Registeel with Regice, while Paul's Lairon initiated with Iron Defense. Lairon's strategic maneuvering aimed to seize the initiative. However, Regice's Ice Beam quickly froze the Steel-type before a Zap Cannon secured their defeat. Lairon's absence of offensive moves stunned them, testament to Brandon's unyielding approach.

"Brandon's not holding back; he's going all out," Ash observed.

"Did he battle this fiercely when you faced him?" Celeste's incredulous tone was hard to miss.

Reggie thought about if for a second before responding. "He was fiercer. He is holding back against Paul, he knows he is rookie no need to crush his spirit."

Ash snorted. "I think you and I have two very different ideas of what going easy means."

Paul's frustration was evident, his plight understandable. Ursaring took the field after Lairon's recall, launching into a Hammer Arm. Yet, Brandon's calculated counter, a Focus Punch from Regice, triggered a powerful shockwave that struck both combatants. Ursaring poised to retaliate with Focus Blast. However, the maneuver's futility became apparent as Regice's Zap Cannon struck first, paralyzing Ursaring. Paul then withdrew his pokemon. Brandon swapped Regice for Regirock, while Paul introduced Magmar for his final stand. A type disadvantage and glaring strength differential suggested Paul's uphill battle. Yet, Magmar and Paul's spirited fight were unmistakable.

As anticipated, Regirock shrugged off Magmar's Flamethrower, concluding the battle with a Shock Wave that vanquished Magmar. Brandon's resounding 6-0 victory over Paul left the latter in disbelief. Dumbfounded expressions crossed Celeste and Ash's faces.

"Paul," Reggie sighed when he saw his little brother march away after one final nod towards Brandon. "I will get going, good to see you again."

"Bye," Ash and Celeste echoed as they watch Reggie follow his brother.

Celeste turned to look at Ash, after a few minutes of silence. "I was expecting... I don't know, a vindictive comment or something. I know you hate the guy."

"I do not hate him," Ash sighed. "He just has a way to get under my skin and furstrate the Distortion World out of me." Celeste giggled at Ash's grimace. "I might have my own opinion and differences on Paul, but his courage to challenge Pokemon Masters and determination to get better and never give up, were something I admired. I know how to give credit where's due."

Celeste looked at Ash closely before smirking. Oh, if only Ash realized what was happening. Or maybe it's better not to, Celeste did not think either Paul or Ash were ready for emotions like that right now. Let the boys be boys and focus on their battles and pokemon. Celeste sighed, shaking her head in amusement. Just like Auntie Delia always says, girls are the ones that mature faster. We are the smarter ones.