Chapter 4

We got to the pack grounds in about 3 hours and Leo parked the wagon and waited for me to get down. I on the other hand was too surprised to get down. It seems seven years of not visiting this pack has given me the opportunity to be surprised. The pack has become a bit advanced. The school has become enlarged; the senate building is now a lot bigger than before. There were a few new buildings that I couldn't fathom their purpose yet. I also saw a high rise building under construction a few blocks to my right.

"You'll be giving me a tour soon." I told Trevor, who I am sure was already getting exasperated at my ogling of the pack grounds while sitting in the car.

"We will be doing it on foot then." He said and I laughed. There were a few places that I could not wait to revisit. Despite my hatred for my family, there were some peaceful and uplifting places that I actually miss in the pack.

I got down and waited for Trevor before we both went to the senate building to see the alpha. Trevor has already put on his official look, calling me "sir" and all. Immediately, I knew that I would trouble him in public just to see his reaction.

"Good day warrior," the receptionist greeted. Trevor simply nodded and nudged me forward.

Trevor has already warned me about the 'goody-two-shoes receptionist who thinks she is on top of the world because she had done more than "seen the Alpha's bed."'

"Good day, I am here to see the Alpha." I said

"I am sorry, who are you?" she asked as if I interrupted a good time that she was having. I took a moment and scanned the she-wolf in front of me. She was wearing a white shirt that became transparent when you squint your eyes enough. The buttons on the shirt was desperately trying to prevent her bosom from bursting out of the shirt. I wondered if she was a receptionist because she caught Adam's eye or she caught Adam's eye because she was a receptionist?

"A wolf mage assigned to this pack." I replied, showing her my introductory letter.

"If you're a wolf-mage, where is your official garb?" she asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"I didn't realize that you are supposed to interrogate me on my position. And perhaps, this introductory letter carries the seal of my academy and the council." I said, already getting annoyed. That part was true.

She simply scoffed. "May I see the letter?" She asked.

I gave it to her and was surprised that she was about to open the envelope. The nerve of this lady! I decided to mess with her a little.

"That letter isn't for your eyes Miss. In other words, you'll go blind if you open the contents and trust me, I won't move a muscle to ease your predicament." I said, matter-of-factly.

She stared angrily at me and I stared back with a smirk, daring her to open it.

I heard Trevor signed and say a silent curse under his breath.

I watched her frown and leave her desk. "Follow me, she said." Whether she was talking to me or Trevor, she did not say.

We both followed her but kept our distance.

"You know, I almost opened the envelope at the border." Trevor whispered to me.

"Later" I mouthed back. I knew of werewolves' abilities, especially their keen sense of sight, smell and hearing. Hell, I had those same abilities. I had used them to my advantage many times in the academy.

She opened a door that had a bold inscription on it. It was written in gold.

"Alpha Adam," it read.

I breathed in for a second and waited for the receptionist to come out and give us my brother's orders.

After about fifteen minutes, the receptionist came out with a red face and I noticed that her shirt had a few buttons undone. What was wrong with this pack? The least they could do is respect a visitor's time. Some things need to change.

I growled slightly. I was pissed. The bastard and the bimbo were making out in the office while an important emissary of the council was waiting outside.

Trevor put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it briefly. I understood the message. He was telling me to calm down. But never in the history of "calm down" has anyone ever calmed down. I for one, am not ready to break that precious tradition.

"The Alpha is ready to see you." She said.

Without another word, Trevor brushed her away and opened the door for me to enter and enter I did.

The office looked like dad's former office. It seemed that Adam didn't have the time add any personal touches to the room.

"Good morning Alpha." Trevor said, bowing. "This Wolf Mage is here to see you."

"I am aware, you can leave." He said to Trevor.

Trevor bowed again and left the office.

Now, it remained me and my brother, Adam. We were both contained within the four walls of this office and I mused what will happen if we fought here. Who would win? I smiled at the thought.

"What's funny?" he asked, eyeing me.

I knew that he did not recognize me as his brother. The brother he betrayed.

"Some thoughts came to my mind." I said.

"You know, I am the Alpha of this pack. You should respect the position." He said.

"I understand your opinions Mr. Alpha. However, don't you think respect is reciprocal?" I said. "Seeing that you made me wait fifteen minutes before giving me an audience."

"I am a busy man." He said.

"Sure, busy shagging the receptionist I presume?" I replied.

He was one to talk about respect! Here I am, still standing. He hasn't even offered me a seat yet.

"Perhaps I should reject this letter?" He said in an effort to threaten me.

"Can you really?" I said, slightly tilting my ears and moving forward. I am really messing with him.

"I am willing to give you a second chance, Mage" he said, growling.

Jasper and Allison would have shaken their heads in disappointment at my behavior.

"And I am willing to take it." I said, finally pulling a chair and sitting down. It took all my self-control not cross my legs on his table and smirk. Although I wished I did it.

"Will you be a problem to my pack?" Adam asked, standing up and resting his finger on the desk.

"It would be pointless." I said calmly. "Seeing that I am from this pack."

He looked at me quizzically. "No you are not. That, I am certain" He still hasn't read the letter.

"Likewise, I am certain that you have not yet read the letter."

I watched him sat back down and tore the envelope open. He went through it and finally looked at me with realization.

"Leo?" He asked.

"In the flesh." I said, smirking.