Chapter 15

The day came, and it was time for the groups to split. You and Sherwin test the walkie-talkies one more time.

You: *Testing? Am I intelligible?*

Sherwin raised a thumbs up from afar.

Sherwin: *Yep! Loud and clear, partner.*

You: *Good. You got the supplies you need?*

Sherwin: *Yeah. Thanks.*

Sherwin waves goodbye as Cassandra starts driving away. You wave back as he turns the scooter around and follows the two girls.

Vera gives a two-finger salute before taking off her shades to show you her eyes. The girl smirks, turning around.

You feel captivated by those blue eyes, needing to shake your head to snap out of it.

You return to the bus, watching Russel and Joe attach the metal scraps to the vehicle's windows, providing more safety during travel and at night.

The others either help or relax out in the sun.

The argument yesterday gets brought up in your mind. You look down for a bit, thinking of ways to overcome it.

With a sigh, you look up.

You: They're the ones who should decide.

You call upon Russel and have your friend relay to the others that there's a meeting. Soon enough, the welders were put down, their work done, and everyone was with you.

You breathe in, knowing how this could end the expedition for others.

You: I wanted to bring up the argument yesterday.

You felt your voice breaking, but you cleared your throat and shook it off.

You: Milo said that the Marauders in Lamos City are on a different level than the ones we've fought.'

You: And from what the others said, we might not even stand a chance. So, I wanted to ask if we are still willing to continue.

You say, looking at them with uncertainty.

You close your eyes for a bit, waiting for their answers.

Yesterday's argument divided the group. And with Pepper's mission to locate her mentors, the group may split.

You feel someone's hand on your shoulder. Opening your eyes, you see Russel there with a grin on his face.

Russel: After all the degenerate shit we saw these disgusting fuckers commit, do you really think we'd back down?

He asked, smiling at you. You looked at him and back at the others.

You: Are you guys sure?

Everyone nods in agreement, even Princess, as your eyes land on her.

Pepper: Lance and Archer are waiting for us in Lamos. We'd get a warm welcome once we're there.

Pepper shouts.

Milo: I can vouch for that.

He adds, getting some laughs.

Norton: Some of my Jailers were stationed in Lamos before the outbreak. If they're still there, we have an even fighting chance.

Some cheers erupt, hyping each other up for the next step.

Dale: They might be strong, but if what these officers say is accurate, we'll have more powerful allies.

The cheers get louder, and you smile, unable to hold back the tears.