Chapter 2

Dale: Are you two lovebirds done moving the barricade?

Russel is about to explode, hearing the old man tease him from the beginning.

Russel: I'm so done with this man! If you aren't kicking him out, I will!

You: Enjoy getting your head blown off.

Russel: How are you okay with this!?

You: It's just teasing, dude. You're getting angry. He's going to taunt you more if you keep getting affected.

Russel thinks about it for a bit before kicking a nearby rock away from frustration.

You: Okay, barricades out of the way, let's go!

You and Russel walk inside the bus. Dale sat there, comfortable as ever.

Dale: This ride isn't half bad. What's with you, you're beet red? Did you get flustered, boy?"

Russel: You infirm old man, I've had enough of your teasing!

Russel was about to punch Dale, but you held him back.

You: Hey! How can we survive if both of you are at each other's throats every second!?

You pull Russel and push him away. You stare at Dale.

You: Sir, please. Surviving's hard enough as it is. We have to cooperate with each other if we want to go for longer.

Dale: I know, kid. I'm just enjoying the company. After being holed up for months in that rickety old house without anyone to talk to, I feel like I'm going insane.

Dale: I'll be more friendly, but I probably won't stop the teasing. I'm just having a bit of fun.

You: Thank you, sir. Now please, both of you, just relax. Exert your anger at enemies, not allies.

You sit down and start the bus. You look behind you and see the two ignoring each other... that's better.

Dale stands up and slowly makes his way to you.

Dale: Hey kid, you have got to do something about this.

The farmer pointed to the windows.

Dale: Sure, they're sturdy, but we're taking chances leaving those things vulnerable.

Dale: I know an old warehouse. It has tons of scrap metal we can use.

You: I'll follow your lead, sir. Just tell me the directions.

You follow Dale's directions, in an hour, you arrive, and to no one's surprise, the entrance is crawling with undead.

You: How fucking many are there.

You sigh and gesture Russel to take the lead. He stands up, but Dale pushes him back down, earning a growl from him.

Dale: Stand back, youngsters. It's time to show you what this old man can do.

Dale laughs cheerily, running outside the bus before gunning down 2 zombies with his double-barrel.

You: He's... spry for his age. But go help him still. He reloads like a fucking snail.

Russel: Do I have to?

You: You can let him die if you want. Just know that you'll be the one clearing the 15 more zombies since we're here already.

Russel gives you a half-assed smile before going outside as well.