Chapter 14

Milo:... I don't know where they are.

Milo: Marauders chased us when we passed by. That was a given, but we weren't prepared for their numbers.

Milo: When we got a lead, I hopped off and planted some explosive traps, but they caught up immediately. I told Lance to leave.

Milo: I sacrificed myself because even he knew we couldn't make it with that many Marauders on our ass.

Pepper looks at him in shock. Milo let himself die for the others. She suddenly hugs Milo.

Pepper: At least you lived.

Milo: It's nice to still be alive. I wouldn't have seen you if I died.

Milo pats Pepper's head.

Pepper: Imagine their reactions when we finally get to the city. You, alive and with me.

Milo: I don't think they'll be thrilled that you headed for the city, group or not. We let you stay there because that place was safe.

Pepper: Yeah... I guess I'm getting a scolding.

Milo: I'm probably getting scolded too.

Milo laughs.

The bus immediately stops, interrupting everyone.

You: We're close.

You announce, opening the roof hatch to spy on the Marauders camping near the gas tanker. You pull your rifle up, but Russel grabs it.

Russel: Don't do it, Y/N.

He looks at you, thinking you'd shoot the tanker to end this all.

You: No. I'm just using the scope. I'm not going to jeopardize our group by that selfish act.

You stare at him. Russel sighs, letting go.

You use the scope to get a closer look at the Marauders.

Milo: Anything?

Milo says, stepping closer.

You: They're just camping. I guess the ones you blew up earlier were the only ones with gas canisters.

Norton: That's good. We have some time to plan this out.

You: Be quick. Marauders might send some to get canisters or send a party to look for the others. If they haven't already.

You feel a tap on your leg. Looking down, you spot Milo there.

Milo: Would you mind if I get a look myself?

You nod, stepping down and placing the rifle on the chair. Milo grabs it and steps up on the hatch, looking at the Marauders.

The conversation continues, trying to find a way to turn the tide of battle against the Marauder's numbers.

Glenn: If we somehow got those dead Marauder's outfits, we can blend in, considering we have the canisters.

Diaz: What then? They sent like three guys to grab some canisters. Even if it were to work, we'd only have three people inside.

Michael: Y/N has a sniper rifle, right? We're in a faraway spot. He can shoot some so the Marauders disperse in panic.

Norton: That won't work. If we have at least five more, we could. One man sniping them from afar will only make the fuckers look. Our spot will be compromised.