38 || Romeo and Juliet

Start from the beginning

"I did." He says with a smirk. "I also spread the rumour about you looking for a mole, it made my job a hell of a lot easier." He states. "Now, you and I are going to take a little trip."

"A trip? A trip where?"

"To see your lovely boyfriend." He replies. "Be warned though, if you even think about running I will put I bullet straight through your skull." He won't kill me, not yet.

It takes him a minute to cut the thick ropes tying me down. He pulls me up by my arm and my legs struggle to hold up my weight.

As he pulls me to walk I fall down.

"Get up." Nathan seethes, tugging on my already painful arm.

It's then that I remember training with Blaine and the words he once told me.

"Get up."

"So you can push me back down again? Fuck no."

"You want to learn? Get your ass up." He says.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a horrible teacher?"

He sighs. "Get up Cassandra." He says in a warning tone.

I stand up at a distance from him.

"You like hiding your feelings so much? You want to be seen as strong and not weak? Rule number one always get back up. Fight until you no longer can, no matter how much pain you're in."

I pull myself back to my feet and let Nathan pull me along.

He pushes me into the backseat of a car and I try not to hiss at the additional pain that surges through my body.

Nathan gets in the drivers seat right in front of me and I let my impulsive thoughts get the best of me. I grab his seatbelt and quickly pull it across his neck. I pull with all my strength to try and strangle him.

I flinch when I hear a loud gunshot and he manages to get the upper hand. He quickly leaves the car and opens the back door to get to me. I try and shuffle along the seats to get as far away from him as possible but he drags me out and flings me onto the floor.

"What did I tell you?" He says angrily. "It's like you want me to hurt you." I just look back at him, too tired to even think straight. All I want is to give up but if I give up he wins.

He picks me up by my hair and I wince at the feeling. He throws me back in the car, this time in the passenger seat.

I glare at him as best I can with a swollen eye as he straps me in.

He gets in the other side of the car and starts driving.

I figure I'm going to die anyway and I've been in multiple car crashes so what's one more.

When his attention is off me and focused on the road, I take the chance to try and swerve his car off course. I quickly reach out and turn the wheel towards the woodland area. We are so close to crashing when he manages to swerve back on the road.

He slaps me hard on my already bruised face.

"Nice try." He says, continuing to drive.

It's not long until we park nearby a bridge.

Nathan gets out the car and I try and open my door in another attempt to escape but it's locked.

Paying me no piece of mind, Nathan opens the door and drags me along onto the middle of the bridge.

He stands in place and holds my fragile body tightly against him.

I close my eyes for a moment, breathing in the autumn air.