𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 37: 𝒢𝒶𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ𝒹 𝒶𝓈 ℴ𝓃ℯ

Start from the beginning

"Look at that Jerk's eyeballs glaring. Now those are the eyeballs of the true villain.", Jisuk said while staring at Sucheon's face.

"Phew... I almost had him confused with the frame.", Subin said and the two burst into laughter again.

"Guys, cut it out.", Jiwoo touched the two, trying to stop them from bullying Sucheon but it only made the two act crazier, provoking Sucheon more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiza, Kayden, and Kartein are currently staying in Jiwoo's room with their bodies turned back into their animal forms.

Kartein lay on the bed, resting himself because of the tiredness he felt after treating Jiwoo. Meanwhile, the other two are sitting on the floor with their eyes closed, feeling their power flowing within their bodies, trying to recover themselves.

Aiza opened her eyes and let out a sigh. She raised her head and looked at Kayden.

"How's your condition?", she asked.

Kayden stopped what he is doing and opened his eyes to look at her.

"My recovery is still slow but fortunately, the fight yesterday didn't create a big impact on it.", he replied.

"How about you? I think yours got slower because you were the one who fought harder."

"You're right...", Aiza replied, and sadly looked at her paws.

"You want me to heal you?"

The two faced the bed when they heard Kartein speaking. Kartein got up from the bed and approached her.

'Hmm... He might ask me something in return again.', Aiza thought while looking at him.

"No thanks.", she answered nonchalantly, which made Kartein's eyes twitch.

'Tsk! This girl and her pride!', he clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"Anyway... Kartein. Kayden. Thank you for the help yesterday.", Aiza says, making the two flustered from her sudden gratitude.

"I-I only did that cause I want to fight Andrei..." Kayden said and looked away.

"I-I only did that to protect the innocents! And... And... Because I feel sorry for the principal crying upon seeing the mess you've made...", Kartein reasoned out and avoided her gaze while blushing hard.

Aiza smiled and looked down, as if she's reminiscing about her past days in life.

"You know... It's my first time to have someone help me or assist me in a fight.", Aiza opened up and the two turned to look at her.

'Did she not have a friend before? Why is she saying like she's alone in her whole life?', Kartein thought, feeling confused.

He wanted to ask her about it but he decided to keep it to himself and just wait for Aiza to open up more to them.

"Are we not?", Kayden replied and the two turned their gaze towards him.

"I mean... The three of us always fought alone and doesn't have someone on our side before...", Kayden said.

"But because of that handy disciple of mine, we all gathered as one.", Kayden smiled proudly and it made the two widen their eyes in realization.

Kayden's gaze shifts to the nearby box. He then walked towards the box and went inside it.

"Don't you think it's amazing how my disciple could do something like that? Huhuhu. He's as amazing as me.", he bragged while carrying the usual smug expression of him and leaned on the box that is too small for his current size.

"You're right! Jiwoo is the one to blame.", Aiza replied and the two laughed mischievously.

Meanwhile, Kartein's eyes were fixated on the box Kayden is leaning into. His eyes twitched, feeling troubled upon seeing the part of the box slowly ripped.

"Hey! How dare you rip my box with that fat body of yours! That's my favorite!", Kartein shouted, which made the two flinch in surprise.

"What the hell are you talking about?! This box is mine!", Kayden talked back.

"No! That's mine! Get out!", Kartein said and pushed Kayden out of it but Kayden resisted and hold the box tighter.

'Ugh! Those two and their cat urges!', Aiza rolled her eyes.

Feeling embarrassed to see them fighting over a little thing, she snuck out of the room while the two are two busy arguing.

"You bastard! You'll never get a girlfriend because of that nasty personality of yours!", Kayden blurted out, feeling annoyed of being pushed by Kartein by fitting his body inside the box.

"Hey! Do you even have any idea how many girls fall for me because of my face? I'm the most handsome awakener and no one could deny that!", Kartein talked back and pushed him harder.

"But you... You're just a crazy battle maniac that goes around fighting people for fun. There's no way a girl would spend the rest of her life with a crazy bastard like you!", Kartein added and finally pushed Kayden out of the box but it completely ripped its part.

"So what if I'm a battle maniac?! What's wrong with that, huh?! There's nothing wrong with wanting to be strong! You even fall for a battle-maniac girl! Tch!", Kayden clicked his tongue and walked away.

"W-What did you just say?! Do you want to die?!", Kartein shouted with his face as red as a tomato because of what Kayden said.

"Hey, Aiza! Do you want to be with this bastard?!", Kayden shouted, making Kartein feel more embarrassed.

"Shut up!"

Kartein dashed toward Kayden and throw a cat punch at him. Kayden keeps on blocking his attack and throw some cat punches on him back.

"Hey, Aiza! Answer me!", Kayden shouted again and looked to Aiza's spot. However, he paused when he saw her spot empty.

"Huh? Where did she go?"

Kartein also paused and looked at her spot. They turn their heads to look around the room to find her but there is no sign of her presence at all.

Meanwhile, Aiza took a stroll around the academy. She walked through the ground with her guard up, thinking that there is a possibility that the frame would sneak an attack again.

'Now that they found me... It will not take long for the others to come and kill me again.'

Aiza's expression darkened and she started to feel anxious, thinking that some people will be involved because of her, especially Jiwoo.

'Should I just leave?', a sudden thought came to her mind.

Aiza feels disheartened since she knows she started to get attached to Jiwoo, Kayden, Kartein, and the cats.

Just when she thought of leaving them, Aiza halted her steps when she saw Jiwoo from a distance, standing beside the fence. She couldn't see properly what was happening since in her view, Jiwoo's back is facing hers.

"Huh? What is he doing there?"

She moved aside to see the persons Jiwoo is talking to and her eyes widened in surprise upon seeing Cain leaning on Duke's shoulder and one female professor, who is part of the frame, sitting on the back.

Jiwoo quickly ran towards Duke and Duke took a step backward, slowly passing Cain to Jiwoo's arms. Duke covered his right arm on the back while he took another step backward and observed Jiwoo talking to Cain.

Aiza's eyes laid on Duke's arm that he covered in his back. The moment she saw blood on his arm, she immediately understand what is happening.

Duke is also a traitor.

With that thought in mind, she quickly transformed herself back into her human form and dashed to save Jiwoo and Cain.