83. The Curious Case of Zach Winchester

Start from the beginning

"You think they're connected?"

"Call it a hunch."

"You got it. And, by the way, how you doing?"

"Doing?"

"Yeah. You know, just... in general?"

"Oh, you mean my legs. Well, I'm just weepin' in my Haagen-Dazs. Idjit." He hung up. smiling at his daughter as she walked up.

HOUSE

Dean sat on an ottoman, looking at a framed photo of an old man, Cliff Whitlow. Sam sat in an armchair and Mrs. Whitlow sat on the sofa.

"That's the most recent," Mrs. Whitlow said as Dean handed her the photo.

The photo was of Cliff as a golf tournament champion, Miami Palms June 2009, holding a golf club and trophy. A USMC tattoo was visible on his right arm.

"How long has he been missing?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I knew right away when he didn't come home Tuesday night," Mrs. Whitlow replied.

"Is there someplace he likes to go after work, maybe?" Dean questioned. "A favorite bar?"

Mrs. Whitlow laughed. "No. Tuesdays, he always works a bit late, but he always comes straight home."

"May I use your facilities, ma'am?"

INT. OFFICE – DAY

Dean entered the room, looking back over his shoulder. Zach snuck up behind him and said, "I had to use the facilities as well."

"Uh-huh."

He scooped a pile of papers off the desk.

Dean and Zach rifled the rest of the desk and the pockets of Cliff's coat.

The elder of the two pulled out a receipt and they looked at it: it was for Madame Liu's Golden Palace and totaled over $250.

"'Working late' my ass," Dean and Zach muttered.

INT. MOTEL CORRIDOR – NIGHT

Dean, Zach and Sam walked along the corridor.

"Well, at least he's consistent," Sam said. "Same room every Tuesday, hourly rates."

"Hope I got that kind of kick when I'm his age," Dean commented.

"Yeah, like either of us will live that long."

"True."

Zach huffed. "Moving on. So... what do you think's in there?"

They paused.

"A wrinkly, gooey corpse," Dean guessed.

They went on to stop outside room 44.

Sam pulled out his lock pick kit and selected two while Dean and Zach kept watch. A man started shouting inside the room.

"Oh, God!" the man cried. "Oh, God! Oh! Oh, God!"

Sam, Zach and Dean looked at each other and slammed the door open.

"Hey! What the—" the man trailed. He was apparently naked, in bed with a woman, barely dressed.

"Oh," Sam said.

"God," Dean and Zach commented.

Another woman came out from under the covers.

"It's gooey," Sam stated.

Both women fled the bed.

"Sorry," Dean apologized. "Uh, got the wrong room."

"Close the door!" the man yelled.