INT. HOTEL ROOM / INT. CAR

Dean got two beers out of the fridge and handed one to Zach. Sam was driving.

"So, you're his vessel, huh?" Dean questioned. "Lucifer's wearing you to the prom?"

"That's what he said," Sam replied.

"Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in, huh, Sammy?"

"So, that's it? That's your response?" Sam asked.

"What are you looking for?" Zach wondered.

"I don't know. A-a little panic? Maybe?"

"I guess we're a little numb to the earth-shattering revelations at this point," Dean replied.

"What are we gonna do about it?"

"What do you want to do about it?" Zach questioned.

"I want back in, for starters."

"Sam-" Dean began.

"I mean it. I am sick of being a puppet to these sons of bitches. I'm gonna hunt him down, Dean, Zach."

"Oh, so, we're back to revenge, then, are we?" Dean said. "Yeah, 'cause that worked out so well last time."

"Not revenge. Redemption."

Dean frowned. "So, what, you're just gonna walk back in and we're gonna be the triple threats again?"

"Look, Dean, Zach, I can do this. I can. I'm gonna prove it to you two."

"Look, Sam - it doesn't matter - whatever we do. I mean, it turns out that you and me, we're the, uh, the fire, oil of the Armageddon. You know, on that basis alone, we should just pick a hemisphere. Stay away from each other for good."

"Dean, it does not have to be like this. We can fight it."

"Yeah, you're right. We can. But not together. We're not stronger when we're altogether, Sam. I think we're weaker. Because whatever we have between us - love, family, whatever it is - they are always gonna use it against us. And you know that. Yeah, we're better off apart. We got a better chance of dodging Lucifer, Michael, and this whole damn thing, if we just go our own ways."

"Dean, don't do this."

"Bye, Sam." He hung up.

MORNING

INT. HOTEL ROOM

The nightstand clock was smashed. Dean and Zach were lying on the springs of the hotel bed; the mattresses were gone. Dean and Zach got up and looked around; the entire room was trashed. They looked out the window to see the city in the same state.

EXT. DESTROYED CITY

Dean and Zach left the hotel and took a look around; the area was devastated. Everything was broken, graffitied on, or both.

They heard something that sounded like smashing glass and went to investigate.

The first sign of life they saw was a girl in an alley with a teddy bear. Dean and Zach approached her slowly.

"Little girl?" Dean called. "Little girl? Are you hurt?"

"You know, the not-talking thing is kind of creepy, right?" Zach said.

Blood dripped from the girl's mouth. The girl shrieked and attacked Dean and Zach with a shard of glass. Dean flattened her and looked around. He caught sight of a large piece of graffiti that read CROATOAN.

"Oh, crap," Dean muttered.

"What?" Zach wondered.

Dean pointed to the graffiti and he mumbled, "Dammit."