77. Sympathy for the Devil

Start from the beginning

Nick started trying to reassure himself. "All right, keep it together, man."

He turned off the light and laid down. He rolled over and there was a woman in bed next to him, blood on her cheek. His eyes widened.

"It's you, Nick," Sarah said. "You're special. You're chosen."

Nick shook his head, disbelieving, and covered his eyes with one hand. When he looked back, Sarah was gone.

BECKY'S ROOM

Becky spoke as she wrote. ""And then Sam touched-" No. "-caressed Dean's clavicle while Zach stroked Sam's hair. 'This is wrong,' said Dean. 'Then I don't want to be right,' replied Sam, in a husky voice. 'But it will be... so much fun," replied Zach with a contented sigh.""

A message appeared on her screen: CARVER EDLUND CALLING

Becky frowned and clicked Accept. The window expanded to a videophone, showing Chuck. He glanced over his shoulder and back.

She covered her mouth as she stammered, "Oh... my... God. You. You're..."

"Carver Edlund, yeah," Chuck finished. "Hi, Becky."

"You got my letters. And my marzipan."

Chuck couldn't quite meet her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Um... yummy. But, uh-"

"I am your number-one fan. You know, I'm Samlicker81."

"I'm sorry. You're-You're what?"

"Webmistress at morethanbrothers dot net?"

"Oh. Yeah. No, yeah. You're my... number-one fan." Becky grinned. "That's why I contacted you. You're the only one who will believe me." He looked heavenward.

Becky frowned, concerned. "Are you all right?"

"No. I'm being watched. Okay, not, not now - at least, I don't think so. But I don't have much time. I need your help."

Becky's excitement returned. "You need my help?"

"That's right. I need you to get a message to Sam, Dean and Zach. Okay?"

Becky sighed, reality intruding. "Look, Mr. Edlund... Yes, I'm a fan, but I really don't appreciate being mocked. I know that Supernatural's just a book, okay? I know the difference between fantasy and reality."

"Becky, it's all real."

Becky snapped back to overexcitedness. "I knew it!"

MOTEL ROOM

Sam stared at John's journal. Dean and Zach were watching TV.

A voice said, "How would you then explain an earthquake, a hurricane, and multiple tornadoes, all at the same time, all around the globe?"

"Two words," another voice said. "Carbon emissions."

Dean spoke to the environmentalist on the TV. "Yeah, right, Wavy Gravy."

"Idiots will believe anything," Zach muttered.

There was a knock at the door. Dean and Zach pulled their guns. Sam answered. It was Becky, so excited she was having trouble breathing.

"You okay, lady?" Sam asked.

"Sam... is it really you?" Becky questioned.

Sam glanced back at Dean and Zach. Becky stepped closer and put a hand on Sam's chest.

"And you're so firm," Becky said.

Sam frowned. "Uh, do I know you?"

Becky pulled back and Sam continued to stare, bewildered as she replied, "No. But I know you. You're Sam Winchester. And you're-" she looked at Dean, who was staring at her, gun hand out of sight, "-not what I pictured." She looked at Zach. "And you look intense. I'm Becky."