77. Sympathy for the Devil

Comenzar desde el principio

Dean narrowed his eyes. "You listen to me, you two-faced douche. After what you did, Zach and I don't want jack squat from you!"

"You listen to me, boy! You think you two can rebel against us? As Lucifer did?"

Zach narrowed his eyes. "We can try."

Zachariah noticed blood dripping from Zach's hand. "You're bleeding."

He smirked. "Right - a little insurance policy in case you dicks showed up."

"No!"

Sam, Dean and Chuck flinched. When Zach looked, the other angels were gone as well.

"Learned that from my friend Cas, you son of a bitch," Zach spat.

"This sucks ass," Chuck stated.

EXT. REGENT MOTEL

Sam rushed down a staircase past a couple making out and entered the motel.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Dean loaded a gun and Zach sharpened a knife as Sam entered the room.

"Hey," Dean and Zach greeted.

"Hey," Sam replied, closing the door before pulling a couple things from his shirt and tossing them to Dean and Zach who caught them and examined them. "Here. Hex bags. No way angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter."

"Where'd you get it?" Dean asked.

"I made it."

"How?"

Sam hesitated long enough for Dean and Zach to look up at him. "I... I learned it from Ruby."

Dean put the gun down and approached Sam. "Speaking of. How you doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?"

"I-it's weird. Uh, tell you two the truth, I'm fine. No shakes, no fever. It's like whoever... put me on that plane cleaned me right up."

"Supernatural methadone," Dean and Zach noted.

"Yeah, I guess." He paused. "Dean, Zach-"

"Sam."

Zach pursed his lips and turned away. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything."

"Well, that's good," Sam replied. "Because what can I even say? "I'm sorry"? "I screwed up"? Doesn't really do it justice, you know? Look, there's nothing I can do or say that will ever make this right-"

"Then why do you keep bringing it up?!" Dean yelled as Sam sighed and Zach walked up. "Look, I'm just saying, why do we have to put this under a microscope? We made a mess. We clean it up. That's all."

Sam nodded and Dean said, "All right, so, say this is just any other hunt. You know? What do we do first?"

"We'd, uh, figure out where the thing is," Sam answered.

"All right. So we just got to find... the devil."

EXT. NICK'S HOUSE - PIKE CREEK DELAWARE

Nick walked along the sidewalk to his house. He opened his front gate, which creaked, and let it swing shut behind him. A wind picked up, song the gate forward and back, causing Nick to turn to look. The gate banged open and shut.

INT. NICK'S BEDROOM

Nick laid in bed, alone and restless. He pulled his hands out from under the blankets to see that they were bloodstained. He tossed the blankets back and there was blood all over him, and the sheets; a lot of it, as though someone had bled to death moments before. Nick got out of bed and switched on the bedside light. There was blood.