5.

"From a short distance
I could hear your voice,
It felt like sweet melody to my ears.
My heart didn't give me a choice,
It fell in love with what it heard."

***

Within a few hours, the morning birds had begun their chirping. The sunshine was bright and visibly entered the girls' room. Divya opened her eyes slightly, and realized that Tanishka hadn't finished her story.
She woke up in a scurry and started waking Tanishka up.

"Tani! Wake up! You didn't finish last night!"
"Shut up Divya! Let me sleep."
"You can sleep later. Get up and finish that fairytale of yours!"

She started pulling Tanishka's blanket. This really annoyed her.

"You slept! I was telling you everything, and you slept!
"No I didn't!"
"Yes you did!"
"Shut up and continue!"

Tanishka yet again, felt helpless against Divya. She got up, kept her blanket aside and sat with her legs folded.

"Till where did you listen last night?"
"Uhm, till the part when you and he kissed!" Divya was getting so delighted to know more about this love story.

As Tanishka was about to continue,
*Ting-Tong*
The doorbell rang; Tanishka and Divya looked at each other with a surprised look, as in who would visit them so early. They ignored and got back to their story.
*Ting-Tong*

"Where's mom?" Tanishka asked frustratedly and went out to open the door.
There was a tall fair guy with a bag in his hand, also holding a suit and his tie loosened up. Short spiky hair little messed over, very attractive eyeglasses and a slight beard.

"Samar! Tanishka exclaimed as he stood in front of her.
"Hello Tanishka! Sorry to bother you this early!" He kept his bag down, and stepped forward to hug her.
"Come on in. I thought you're at your conference! Milan was it?"
"No. It was Berlin. And I just returned, was going home from the airport. Crossed your house in the way; so gave you a visit! Had to drop this off."

He kept the bag aside, and entered in the living area.
"What is this? And what will you have? Tea? Coffee?"
"Absolutely nothing Tani. Not this time!"
"No no no. You wait! Mom would get angry if you left without meeting her."

Samar hesitated a bit, and in a low voice,
"She must be asleep. I don't wanna disturb her. I'll visit again!"

Tanishka just shook her head, and kept the bag aside as Samar walked towards the door. He turned around and gave her another hug.
"Its so good to see you again Tani! Only 3 weeks left now. Just, cannot wait."
"Likewise Samar!"

She had a smile on his face, and so did he. Samar waved a goodbye and left.
Tanishka turned around and her mom walks out of the room with a drowsy face.
"Who was it?"
"Samar! He came to give you this bag. Some gifts you ordered?"
"And you let him go? Without anything? Without even waking me up!?"
"Mom stop over-reacting! You were sleeping, he didn't disturb your sleep. He said he'll visit again!"
"God knows what you'll do at their place when you're married!" She kept blabbering to herself while walking to the kitchen. Tanishka ignored and went back in her room.

***

"Nikita! We kissed!" Tanishka eagerly started exclaiming the scene to Nikita on the phone, as she entered her room.
"What? When? How?" Nikita was sounding more excited from the other side.

Tanishka narrated everything to Nikita while walking, running and jumping all over her room. She talked to Nikita for hours on the phone, giving her all the tiniest of details. Of course Nikita was the only one left with whom she could share all this.
"What should do I now?" She asked impatiently.
"First of all, calm down!"
"I mean, should I call? Or wait for his call? Or give him a visit? Or just wait?"
"Tani calm down! He'll call!"

Tanishka decided to follow Nikita's advice, and wait for his call.

In A Heartbeat!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें