IX. You belong here

Nine years and four months later

"Move a bit to the right... higher... yeah... no, no... not like that! You know what? Just forget it."

With a frustrated sigh, I abruptly pulled away from the man I'd brought home and pulled the sheets up over my naked body, then crossed my arms over my chest. Approximately twenty minutes had passed since this incompetent man had started touching me, but without making me feel anything. Well, that was quite enough!

"What the fuck are you doing?" the man grumbled as he straightened up, frowning.
"I think I'm kicking you out," I retorted, arching a snide eyebrow. "Get out of my house."
"What?" exclaimed the man, putting his hand on his boner. "You can't fucking do this to me! We could at least..."
"I told you to leave," I interrupted, turning my head away wearily. "I'm sorry, Jimmy, but you obviously don't know how to please a woman."
"You filthy whore!" cried the man, leaping off the bed to grab his clothes from the floor. "You're the one who doesn't know how to take care of a man! You could at least have put it in your mouth!"
"True, I could have. However, I hardly see myself offering a treat to a man who doesn't know the difference between a clitoris and a switch. A blowjob has to be earned."
"Fuck you, ya little slut!" he spat as he turned sharply on his heel and clumsily pulled on his pants, narrowly missing slumping to the floor.

It was pathetic. I suppressed a fit of giggles, biting my lower lip fiercely to keep from betraying my amusement, then took one last look at the man who was just finishing dressing and who threw me a final:

"And my name's not Jimmy. It's Johnny."
"Right," I huffed. "Good night, Jerry."

The man let out a cry of rage before dramatically slamming the door and storming out of my apartment, and I burst out laughing as I fell back onto my pillows.

What a disappointment! When he'd come on to me at the bar, he'd seemed like a promising hit... but I'd been sorely mistaken! This was undoubtedly due to the alcohol, which had certainly clouded my judgment; this guy hadn't even known what to do with his ten fingers - and I highly doubted he'd have been any better with what he had between his legs...

Totally sobered up by now, I got out of bed with a sigh, not bothering to put on any clothes, then went to double-lock the door before returning to settle between the sheets, slowly burying my hand between my thighs. I was going to have to finish the job myself.

Once I'd finally reached a well-deserved orgasm, I went for a quick shower, then pulled on a long t-shirt and panties before grabbing my pack of cigarettes. Taking one out of the little cardboard box, I grabbed my lighter, then went outside to sit nonchalantly on the railing of the small balcony that communicated with my living room.

It was a pleasant mid-May night. The sky was clear, but it wasn't the stars that interested me. For the past four months or so, I'd been incredibly fortunate to have a splendid view of Manhattan, since the little apartment I'd found for myself was at the top of a building on the Hudson River's banks in Hoboken, New Jersey.

I never got tired of seeing New York at night. It was such a beautiful city! As soon as I had arrived in the United States, I had wanted to visit the famous Big Apple, and I had absolutely fallen in love with it. The famous "city that never sleeps" just thrilled me. Without really taking the time to think, I had rented an apartment on the other side of the river, since rents were more affordable there, and after a few twists and turns, I had found a job as a nurse at the Jersey City Medical Center. Thus settled, I was able to spend all my free time in my favorite places in Manhattan - and the Saturday mornings I spent strolling through Central Park were undoubtedly my favorite moments.

Lighting the cigarette I was holding between my index and middle fingers, I drew in a puff of poisonous smoke, let it sink gently into my lungs, then spat it out as I gazed dreamily at the twinkling lights of the skyscrapers across the Hudson.