I. Your number one fan

"Today, we're going to do an activity about the future. By raising your hands, who wants to tell me what job they'll be doing when they grow up?"

It was only the second day of school and already, even without knowing the other children I'd be spending the next few months with, I could guess what their answer would be. All the children around me raised their hands at the same time. I raised mine to join in, but I already knew that my answer would be very different from theirs. At five years old, I knew I wasn't dreaming about the same things as the others.

Ms. Yamamoto, realizing that everyone wanted to answer, pointed to the first student in front of her to begin.

"I'm going to be a superhero!"
"That's great," she agreed, smiling approvingly.

Yeah, right. I could've bet. How predictable!

With her finger, she pointed to the next student.

"A superhero, me too!"
"Me too!" said the next child.
"And I'll be a hero, stronger than all of you!"
"I want to be a hero too!" added another kid. "I'm going to be better than All Might!"

Everyone was talking at once, to the point of insanity. I felt as if the voices around me were buzzing like bees in a hive. It was almost dizzying.

"And what about you, Fuyumi?" asked Ms. Yamamoto kindly, pointing to the little girl on my right.

I was impressed that the teacher already knew our names, but when I looked up at her, I saw that she was holding a sheet of paper in her hand. Ah yes, the seating plan, of course...

"Would you like to become a superhero, like your daddy?" added the teacher with a knowing look.

Curious, I stared at the little girl, trying to guess who her father was.

"I heard she's Endeavor's daughter," whispered a little boy behind me, unknowingly answering my questions and eliciting impressed murmurs from the other kids.
"No!" finally replied Fuyumi with a shy smile. "I want to be an elementary school teacher, just like you!"

All the children beside us fell silent and turned to stare at her. I was no exception, but it wasn't to judge her; it was because I was happy to see that there was someone other than me who dreamed of doing something else. Especially if this girl really was the child of such a famous superhero: she'd just earned all my respect!

Intimidated by all these glances, Fuyumi blushed violently and lowered her grey eyes to stare at her desk, playing nervously with her fingers.

"I want to be a doctor," I said without waiting for my turn, to relieve the tension in the classroom - or rather, to divert the attention of the other children, since Fuyumi was clearly dying of embarrassment.

Indeed, all eyes converged in my direction, and I smiled proudly at Ms. Yamamoto, who was watching me with her mouth agape.

"One day, I'll be even better than Recovery Girl!" I added, thinking of my idol.

The famous nurse known as Recovery Girl had saved my dad's life one day after a car accident. Ever since, I had dreamed of being just like her. No! To be even better! I wasn't aiming for nursing, like her; I was aiming higher. I, too, wanted to save lives... but certainly not by fighting scary villains in the streets.

In addition, during the summer, my Quirk had manifested itself and, to my great relief, I had inherited my mother's Quirk: Healing. So naturally, I was predisposed to make my dream come true!

"Those are very good answers, ladies," declared Ms. Yamamoto at last, in a voice that betrayed her unease, as if it weren't normal for us to want to do anything other than become superheroes.

Blue Madness (Touya/Dabi x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara