"Frey," she exclaimed, worrying, "You're not allowed to use the stairs anymore, there's an elevator you should use that one." Bakas sa boses niya ang pag-aalala.

"I'm sorry, ma'am." Sagot ko at napayuko nalang. Hindi yata siguro pwede sakin ang mapagod or magpagod. Hindi ko din alam bakit.

"I'm just worried, what if you'll get chest pain again?"

"I'm fine po, you don't have to worry about me." I smiled at her, she's just too sweet.

"Are you thirsty? Want me to get you water?" she insisted.

"Ah hindi na po," nahihiyang sagot ko, "I'm fine ma'am, really you don't have to worry."

"I'll get you something, wait for me here, I'll be back." Sabay nagmamadaling umalis. Left puzzled, ano bang kukunin niya?

Habang nag-aantay, isa-isa ring dumating ang mga colleagues ko. Dumaan ang ilang minuto ay pumasok na siya. She's holding a laptop and a coffee. This is the first time I saw her holding one, hindi ko rin napansin kanina na may dala siya, maybe for herself. I ignored her cold stare. I act like wala akong nakitang pumasok. Narinig kong pabagsak niyang nilagay ang laptop niya at hindi ko pinansin.

Biglang pumasok si Ma'am Vivien, she's holding a white bottle, a milk?

"Here you go," she said offering me the bottle. Nakaramdam ako ng hiya.

"Hindi ka na sana nag-abala ma'am," nakangiti kong kinuha ang bottle sa kamay niya.

"That's for you. You need that." Her smile is evident nang ako mismo ang kumuha sa kamay niya.

"Thank you, ma'am." I graciously smile at her.

Nakakaramdam ako ng matinding titig galing sa isa, her intense gaze was palpable when I looked at her for a second pero iniwas ko agad ang mga mata ko sa kanya at binalik kay Ma'am Vivien.

"You're welcome. Call me or go to my office if you need anything. I'm always free for you."

"I will po." Tipid pero malumanay kong sagot. Well, she really bought me a bottle of milk. Who wouldn't smile for her sweet gestures?

"I'll go. Let's have a lunch together if that's okay for you."

Tumango ako at ngumiti, ignoring the people around us, including her.

After that, Ma'am Vivien abruptly left our room after saying I could come at her office. I couldn't help but notice the piercing gaze of another person present in front, her icy eyes fixated on me with intensity. However, I chose to pay no heed to it, brushing it off.

The hell is wrong with her.

Nagsimula siyang mag discuss samin about an array of concepts and lessons pertaining to art. I remained impressed by her profound professionalism in teaching, even though her gaze remained distant and chilly.

Natapos ang oras niya at lumabas na siya without dismissing us. I still ignored her. I didn't even met her gazes towards me when she left. Alam ko rin kung paano siya huminto at tumingin sakin right before she left. Sumunod ang ibang subject and the time quickly dissolved as I found myself in the hallway, papunta sa second floor.

Wala akong planong puntahan siya. Hindi siya ang pupuntahan ko.

I stood patiently, waiting for the elevator door to open. Time seemed to drag on until finally, the doors glided open, revealing her presence. Tumama sakin ang malalamig niyang titig, and I returned the look with a blank expression. Gusto kong umalis but when I turned towards the stairs before I could take a step, she swiftly reached out and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the elevator.