elevator

{

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

Character- Olivia Shepherd || Amelia's baby sister who is also a doctor at grey sloan.

Plot- You get stuck in an elevator with your nephew scout.

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

OLIVIA'S POV

"Via via" I heard a voice shout from behind me, instantly I knew it was amelia. I turn around and she is holding baby scout. I smile at the both of them and she continues.

"Please can you take him to daycare, I've got a consult" placing scout in my arms, she kisses my cheek and slowly backs away. I giggle and grab scout's hand waving bye to her and turning for the elevator. While waiting for it to open I swayed scout on my hip humming to him while he played with my cheeks and constantly repeated 'ti ti oli' which was what he apparently called me now. I smiled at the baby boy and played with his hair when the elevator opened. I stepped into the empty elevator pressing the level with the daycare and it started moving up. Until it didn't.

"Fuck" I say before mentally cursing myself again for swearing in front of the baby. I pressed the open button but nothing happened. So I pressed it again and again and again. I opened scout's bag and grabbed his toy, I placed him in the corner on the floor with his toy and walked back over. This time pressing every button even the emergency one. I waited but still nothing.

"Stupid... stupid stupid" I say getting louder each time before reminding myself that there was a baby in here. I walk back to scout and pull out my phone going through my contacts I call 'melia💌' putting her on speaker and waiting for her to answer.

"Olive hey I just finished the consult what's up?"

"Amelia we're stuck in the elevator"

"We're? you still have scout?"

"Yes I still have scout, I never even got to daycare. Please just come" I say starting to get more anxious.

"Ok try and stay calm I'm coming, do you know what level you're on?" She says, how the fuck would I know the level this dumb thing is broken.

"N-no, please hurry" I say.

AMELIA'S POV

I ran to the elevator where I saw olivia not long ago and knocked on the elevator door, nothing. I took the stairs to the next level knocking again, still nothing. Running up another flight of stairs I knock aggressively on the elevator door.

"Melia" I faintly hear.

"Olivia I'm here" I say grabbing my phone to call bailey, knowing I had to act fast because olivia was most definitely gonna have a panic attack.

"Yes shepherd?" I hear on the other end of the phone.

"Dr bailey!" I say a bit too excited that she answered. I told her that olivia was stuck in the elevator on level 3 and to get help on the way.

OLIVIA'S POV

"Olive, can you hear me?"

"Yes amy" I use the nickname I haven't called her since derek.

"Bailey is coming and she's bringing help ok, we're gonna get you out" she says.

"How's scout?" she continues.

"He's ok, playing with his toys" I chuckle.

"And you?" she questions.

"I-I need to get out" I say just now realising how long I had been pulling at the neckline of my scrubs.

"Ok olivia, try to calm down, they're nearly here" amelia warns.

"I cant... I-Im claustrophobic I can't br-breathe" I tried to get out as I slid against the wall next to scout. Just then I felt us drop, instantly turning over to scout and holding him in my lap I just let the tears slip from my eyes.

AMELIA'S POV

Right when bailey had arrived with the maintenance guys we heard a loud noise from the elevator.

"Olivia!" I shout out but received no response.

"Did they fall?" I asked bailey, worry laced in my voice. She just looked into my eyes, I knew the answer.

"Follow me" I said to them as I ran for the stairs and down 1 flight, I knocked on the elevator door and heard scout's cries but it sounded very faint like they were far away, so I went down another flight back to the bottom floor and knocked on the door again this time hearing olivia reply a lot clearer.

OLIVIA'S POV

"Ok shepherd we're gonna get you both out" I hear bailey's voice, I cradled scout in my lap trying to quiet him down after checking for any injuries.

"Are either of you hurt"

"We're both o-ok" I reply. Just then I saw the door open the slightest bit, the maintenance guys were pushing it. That's when I realised we were between 2 floors. Shit, I thought trying to control my breathing. They got the doors mostly open when they told me it was time.

"Olivia, can you lay down on your stomach and pass him scout" bailey asks as the guy was a lot taller than both her and amelia, I got on the floor and lowered scout as far as I could till he was safe, the man passed him to amelia where she quickly checked him out before handing him to bailey and talking to me.

"Olivia it's your turn" she said and I just shook my head.

"C'mon shepherd just jump and one of them will catch you" she days referring to the man, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. I looked towards amelia really not wanting to do this. She took a step forward and held out her arms.

"I got you, it's a short jump you can do it" she says looking into my eyes. I jumped into her arms, considering I was a lot smaller than her she caught me holding me tight as I let the tears fall trying to catch my breath.

"Scout" I say to amelia wondering why she wasn't with him. She released me from the hug and held my cheeks in her hands.

"It's ok link's got scout, I've got my baby sister" she says wiping my tears.

{.⋅ ✯ ⋅.}

okkkk idk how i feel about this but anyways love amelia always😽