"The one in your pocket. The one you stole from me."

Jaehyun stared deeply into the vexed cat's eyes which followed a smirk and a greedy hand being shoved into a pocket,

"Here." Jaehyun pulled out the paper between his two fingers, Karina ripping it out without another second to think.

"Now give me the phone."

"No."

"No?"

"No. Do you seriously think I value money over someone's life? Minjeong's life?" Karina questioned, shoving the grand scholarship into her back pocket where the sobbing girl stood connected closely.

"A worthless life like hers?"

On those words, Karina copied Minjeong's earlier actions and brought her knee up to his previously assaulted area. The man immediately fell into a fit of suffering and muffled yells onto the floor. The bought time allowed Karina to grasp Minjeong's slightly larger hand and gently pull her behind through the long corridors, creating a growing distance from Jaehyun who was moaning in pain.

"Come on." Karina hurriedly whispered, Minjeong pacing herself beside Karina in a half walk half jog like stance.

"W-Where are we g-going?"

Karina didn't respond. She allowed their clacking shoes to answer the question. Instead, she was focusing on her rushing legs and Minjeong's warm hand that burned heat throughout her body.

'For Minjeong.' Karina thought.

For Minjeong.

***

Within minutes, the two girls stood in front of her parents room, Minjeong still trembling from the chaos that just happened.

"Whatever happens, you'll be okay." Karina squeezed the younger latter's hand with a gentle smile,

"I promise."

In opposite to her gentle words and for what seemed the nth time that day, Karina flung the door open that was luckily unlocked with fuelling harshness, composing a jump and curse from her parents that had been peacefully making coffee in the pristine kitchen.

"Jimin?" Her father's eyes landed on his daughter who strided to him before squinting them at Minjeong.

"And you."

Minjeong ripped her hand from Karina's comforting one and snapped her eyes down, standing behind the girl who was unlocking her phone like a lost puppy.

"Why is she here? Jimin?" Minho asked with a fierce tone.

"Honey, what's going on?" Karina's mother settled her mug down and rushed over towards the trio in the kitchenette from the living space.

"Jaehyun." Karina breathed before shooting a glare at her father, "One of your partners'"

Minho nestled a cocky smirk, "What about him?"

"Did you know that he's been assaulting Minjeong? Abusing and hurting her?" Karina talked like Minjeong wasn't clung to her back but the shy girl didn't care. She wished for Karina to spill everything so she could finally have freedom. Freedom from that monster of recent time.

"Oh my." Her mother gasped at the two girls.

"Abusing?" Her father chuckled but was startled by Karina's sharp cut in,

"It's not funny! How could you laugh?!"

"Jimin sweetie." Karina's mother hushed beside her husband who's smile of amusement and play quickly fell to a grave stare.