Chapter 6

Shadow Freddy stepped over an indiscernible spill of liquid in the dusky basement, before ducking under heavy wooden planks with rusted, bent nails stuck in them

Shadow Freddy stepped over an indiscernible spill of liquid in the dusky basement, before ducking under heavy wooden planks with rusted, bent nails stuck in them. The purple bear read the question, and fixed his empty eyes on the viewers as dust gathered where he stood in the room, a cold look on his face.
"My goal? I was going to let that golden bear join me, we both would have benefited from working together," Shadow mused as his voice distorted slightly, thinking of the way Golden Freddy could change where he was on demand. "But unfortunately, he turned me down. I thought he wanted revenge, but obviously he isn't willing to go certain lengths to get it. I have a vendetta of my own, you see." The bear's white pupils pulsed with a strange energy, his smile twisted with deceit.
"I don't have any interests unrelated to my plans. Though I have done my fair share of spying. It was fun, watching all of them talk and laugh. Seeing how they cast the little golden bear to the side. If only he could just accept that they'll never think of him as anything more than a burden." The shadow bear shrugged before resuming his ongoing plotting in the basement, sure in his mind that he'd get his revenge, and no one would get in his way.

Meanwhile, at Silly Pete's Pizza and Games…

Dottie frowned as she opened the curtain of the small stage, and was met with voices of mixed emotions as she watched Pete scamper after their "Dad", the Boss. The tall, pale man was attempting to head into his office, where he constantly made changes to the functions of the three—or two— animatronics. She descended from the platform with ease, and stepped towards them carefully.
“Uh, Dad! I thought everything was good here, with just Dottie n’ me.” Pete gulped with urgency in his voice. “We can't let Freddy Fazbear's get the better of us! What are we going to do?" The animatronic fidgeted with his joined hands, barely addressing Dottie, who now stood next to him.
“What is it? Pete? Dad?” Dottie looked to Pete for an answer, finding only worry on his face as her friend's gaze lingered at their creator. The eerie man rotated in a swift turn and smiled down at the only animatronics he had. His purple collared shirt blended with the murky shadows hiding most of his face as he began to speak.

"It’s alright, Dottie. Pete’s just worryin’ about how much people we’re attractin' now. We’re better off with Finn gone.” The Boss stretched forward a stiff, pale hand to rest on Pete’s left shoulder, then his other hand to place on Dottie’s right. The blue dog sucked in a timid breath, while the grey rodent hardly let out a relieved sigh as the man continued.
“I just need you both to do your best when performing for all those kids and parents, alright? Now, Dad needs to finish up some work in his office. I’ll be done before morning." 
The Boss' voice shifted to a grave tone, but he turned without a second thought and continued his stride deeper into the halls of the less appealing building.

Before the man's footsteps could fade away, Dottie moved her head directly in front of Pete's gaze, and the other animatronic stared back at her with a commanding look in his eyes. Pete folded his arms in a nonchalant manner as he spoke.
"You oughta do what Dad says, Dottie. He knows what's best for us an' the business." The other animatronic only shook her head as Pete brushed past her, still concerned about what their dad had said. We could go out of business, she thought. And then we'd be scrapped! The possibility terrified her and her body froze, robotic feet stuck to the pink-and-white tiles. She shook her head again. No, that won't happen. As long as I listen to Bo—I mean, Dad. She turned and let her eyes focus on the front doors of the restaurant.

"Oh Finn," Dottie whispered fearfully, her brows pushed together. "I just hope you're okay."